Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official APEX Wheel Thread - Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@APEXRaceParts Can you clarify something for me.

The new uberturbines on the 21+ performance model have a hubs that have a step in them like this:
View attachment 741609

According to your website the EC-7 wheels require centering rings, and these are not stepped. Can you confirm these will work without issue?
View attachment 741611

Per, Apex fitment guide (and my post above), you will need 3mm spacers on the performance. That driven by the width and offset relative to clearance from the front upper suspension arm rather than the step. The diameter of the rotor hub is actually the same as the ID of the wheel.

I am very happy with the result.
Why isn't anyone running sm-10s from apex? Love the look but maybe it's because of available size/offsets? I'd love to see a 19x9.5 in an offset less than 35

I don't think you have space in the front. Maybe with lots of camber.

50982840826_83cd495c2b_b.jpg

Show Us What You Got!

With an increasing number of Tesla Model 3 enthusiasts mounting APEX wheels on their vehicles for both street and track use, we see many photographs of APEX wheels shared throughout the forum. This thread will compile photos of different APEX wheel fitments, as well as provide the community with detailed information surrounding wheel and tire fitment, alignment settings, brake and suspension clearances and more! Please feel free to ask questions along the way, we have fitment experts ready to provide technical support for both spirited street driving to weekend track warriors.

Feel free to just share pictures, but we know other enthusiasts would greatly appreciate if you included the following:

• Wheel Model, Color, Size & Offset
  • Front and Rear Tire sizes, Tire Make & Model
  • Suspension Modifications, Camber Plates
  • Any required alignment settings such as added negative camber
  • Any other required modification (Spacers, fender rolling, etc.)

Let's Kick Things Off!

18" EC-7

click here to learn more

Wheels:
Flow Formed EC-7 Wheels in Satin Black
18x9.5” ET35 Square

Tires:
Nexen SUR4G
275/40-18 Square

Additional Modifications:
3mm Front Spacer
-2 Degrees Camber Front/Back

18" EC-7R
click here to learn more

Wheels:
Forged EC-7R Wheels in Brushed Clear
18x9.5″ ET34 Square

Tires:
Goodyear Supercar 3
265/40-18 Square

-1.0º front camber
-1.0º rear camber
Mountain Pass Performance (MPP) Sport Coilovers
MPP LCA Bushings
Unplugged Performance FUCA
MPP rear camber
MPP toe arms

Still Can't Find The Right Picture? Check Out Our Flickr Account For More Content!
APEX Model 3 Wheel Gallery

Wheels:
Forged EC-7R Wheels in Satin Black
18x9.5″ ET34 Square

Tires:
Toyo Open Country A/T III
Front - 255/55R-18
Rear - 265/60R-18

- 15 mm Bonoss forged spacers
- UP Dirt and Snow Coilovers
- XPEL Stealth PPF

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_170733.jpg
    IMG_20211214_170733.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_20211214_170658.jpg
    IMG_20211214_170658.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_20211214_170614.jpg
    IMG_20211214_170614.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 395
Hey Apex! Show some love for us Model Ys! :)

I have a 2021 MY Performance and want your 19x10 EC7 wheels. I figure if I run the normal 255/45/19 oem tire size, I’ll have some stretch, but I want a more squared look with the most sidewall for a cushier ride. Any recs on what size I can go for in terms of tires in an All Season spec? LMK!

Per, Apex fitment guide (and my post above), you will need 3mm spacers on the performance. That driven by the width and offset relative to clearance from the front upper suspension arm rather than the step. The diameter of the rotor hub is actually the same as the ID of the wheel.

I am very happy with the result.

I don't think you have space in the front. Maybe with lots of camber.

3mm didn't clear the front suspension on my Model 3 Performance with 18x9.5" EC-7R wheels. I needed 5mm, otherwise the inner lip of the wheel rubbed on the upper suspension arm.

Hey Apex! Show some love for us Model Ys! :)

I have a 2021 MY Performance and want your 19x10 EC7 wheels. I figure if I run the normal 255/45/19 oem tire size, I’ll have some stretch, but I want a more squared look with the most sidewall for a cushier ride. Any recs on what size I can go for in terms of tires in an All Season spec? LMK!
275/40-19 has been the go-to size for a square setup on the Model Y using 19x10s. That particular size has a lot of good tire options too, so it's a win-win. I'll try to dig up some photos in the meantime.

Hey @APEXRaceParts, do you guys have any other pictures of EC-7s or VS-5RSs on M3Ps that you could share with us?
yea, wanna see some photos as well
Fresh off the press, 19x9.5" ET29 VS-5RS on this lovely Model 3 Performance. It's lowered slightly and wrapped in 265/35-19 Falken RT660 tires.

Reactions: trithumb
275/40-19 has been the go-to size for a square setup on the Model Y using 19x10s. That particular size has a lot of good tire options too, so it's a win-win. I'll try to dig up some photos in the meantime.

Fresh off the press, 19x9.5" ET29 VS-5RS on this lovely Model 3 Performance. It's lowered slightly and wrapped in 265/35-19 Falken RT660 tires.

The VS-5RSs look really good on the Model 3. I would have gotten them if this video had been released during the group buy.