Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official British Columbia Delegation Visiting Boston/Cambridge/MIT Mon Apr 13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Hi, folks,
I am looking for Tesla owners/drivers to take part in a high-visibility environmental meeting between officials from British Columbia, Canadian business people, and Senators and staff at the State House and people at MIT.

The environmental minister from British Columbia, along with other high-ranking staff and business people, are coming to Massachusetts on Monday, April 13, for official visits to the State House and MIT. You can see the itinerary below. While the Canadian Consulate will be handling travel and security arrangements for British Columbia government officials, other staff and business people will need rides. Best to give them rides in Teslas! You would be part of a motorcade. I think it's possible that the BC government officials will ask or be persuade to take Tesla rides, even if just for demos. For the portion of the day at the State House, we will need the license plate numbers of the vehicles involved so that Senator Barrett's office can arrange for parking.

My wife, Jessica, is going to drive our Tesla during that day, and will take at least a few of these visitors around.

This will be a high-visibility event. A videographer will accompany the delegation for the whole day, and footage will be used in multiple ways. Raw footage may be provided to news stations in Vancouver and Massachusetts; the full MIT event will be posted on a local environmental group's YouTube channel; and MIT will post it on their site. Some footage may be included in a documentary. A photographer will also accompany the delegation and there will be photo ops, most likely at MIT, but possibly also at the State House. There will be a lot of visibility gained for Tesla and Model S, not to mention the obvious impact on the visitors from British Columbia and their local counterparts.

I am looking for other Tesla owners to join in for any part or all of the itinerary. I’d particularly love it if someone could chauffeur the videographer & equipment around for the day, as that might well lead to some footage of the Tesla as a cargo as well as people mover.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Alan

Begin forwarded message:

To: Alan Langerman

Cc: Jessica Langerman

Subject: FW: following up

Date: March 30, 2015 at 12:36:25 AM EDT

Alan,

The local transportation needs for the British Columbia visit are starting to come into focus. The chart below shows what we have at this point. The members of the BC team will include the business leaders and the environmental advocate in the BC delegation, along with MA people. (As you know, the Canadian consulate is handling local transportation for government members of the delegation). I know you had some concerns … let me know your thinking.

Day/Date
Time
Trip
Mon, April 13
6:45-7:00 a.m.
Pick up 1-5 members of BC team at Omni Parker House and take to Mintz Levin, One Financial Center
Mon, April 13
9:30 a.m
Pick up members of BC team at One Financial Center and take to State House
Mon, April 13
12:15-12:30 p.m.
Pick up members of BC team at State House and take to MIT, Walker Memorial, 142 Memorial Dr.
Mon, April 13
2:30 p.m.
Pick up members of BC team at MIT and take to Omni Parker House or other nearby location
Mon, April 13
TBD
The videographer especially (and perhaps also the photographer) will need to be transported with their equipment throughout the events on Monday. The specific logistics are still to be determined. The videographer likely will be at both the Mintz Levin location and at MIT. We will need the photographer at Mintz Levin, the State House, and at MIT. I will get detailed information from both, especially the videographer, about the extent of equipment, and how much time will be required for set-up at each location.

Thanks very much!
Rebecca