Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'm confused because it states this explicitly:

See below ...

Capture.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
From what I've seen, the beta version has its own numbering system. A month ago, it was in the 9.x range, but your vehicle was still showing this v10.2. This is the firmware version. It is possible that getting FSD firmware would roll your firmware version back to 10.1, but that seems unlikely. You probably can't really see that number except via correlation with the firmware number and Elon tweets. Not sure why someone said something to the effect of "that's the navigation version" in reply to your post when the navigation version is clearly 2020.43 and the v10.2 you asked about is clearly in reference to the 2021.32.22 firmware in this case (10.2 goes back way further than that, see ev-fw.com).
To elaborate on your response, the 10.2 we are all running is the overall software suite version (was 6.2 when I got my model S in 2015). The 10.1 is the FSD software version, which is part of the overall suite. it is unfortunate that these numbers are so close numerically which make it easy to confuse.

To make it more confusing, there is the build number (2021.xxx.yyy.zzz) that is tied to a specific software suite version.

The concept of a button to request FSD is asinine. I already pressed that button when I checked the box to hand over $10,000.
As others have replied Tesla has to be very careful in the current political climate related to FSD. The insurance calculator is actually a good response and I'm good with approach even having paid for FSD twice with nothing to show yet.

In addition to The head of the NTSB now you have Senator Blumenthal joining in:
https://twitter.com/meckimac/status/1442422944760741890?s=09 [twitter.com]
"Tesla is putting untrained drivers on public roads as testers for their misleadingly-named, unproven system—a seeming recipe for disaster. Serious safety concerns should put this reckless plan in reverse. It’s Russian Roulette for unsuspecting drivers & the public."

As others have replied Tesla has to be very careful in the current political climate related to FSD. The insurance calculator is actually a good response and I'm good with approach even having paid for FSD twice with nothing to show yet.

In addition to The head of the NTSB now you have Senator Blumenthal joining in:
https://twitter.com/meckimac/status/1442422944760741890?s=09 [twitter.com]
"Tesla is putting untrained drivers on public roads as testers for their misleadingly-named, unproven system—a seeming recipe for disaster. Serious safety concerns should put this reckless plan in reverse. It’s Russian Roulette for unsuspecting drivers & the public."
Blumenthal has been a critic for a long time.

I just want to remind all these senators they are perfectly fine with "opening the economy" even if it means 650k deaths.

Despite all of the noise about the safety score, it will yield a couple of significant benefits:

1. Comparative data - once FSD beta rolls out, they’ll be able to compare its performance with the fleet averages gathered this week.
2.Marketing - Elon will be able to say FSD beta performs better than the safest drivers in the Tesla fleet.
I agree, i am probably in the minority here....but I am hoping that my insurance rate drops significantly based on some metrics to assess my driving style. I do drive very conservatively, i never speed, and for a long time I was hoping that there would be something like this to reward drivers like me....if my Tesla insurance rate drops because I choose to obey the laws of the road and keep myself and family safe while in the car....I cant really see why it wouldnt be less for my insurance. It SHOULD be that way. If anything, maybe it'll keep assholes from driving 100 mph on the freeway zooming in/out of traffic.....yeah those people should have to pay higher rates!!!

How long after erolling before the safety score item appears in your app? I tried restarting, signing out, everything. Was it instant for you guys or did it take a couple of hours.
It should be immediate. You will see that Safety Score section inside the Tesla app right under Upgrades. Mine wasnt viewable until I deleted the Tesla app and then "re" signed in. After that the Safety Score section showed up, try doing that.

Anyone Android Tech enough to know when the legit Android PlayStore will have the Tesla App with the Safety Algorithm? I tried the APK a few times - even became a $19.95/yr subscriber - and got no safety stats. Lucky my bride has an iPhone, so I can see how I'm doing after returning home...but, I'd rather have this info on my phone!

Anyone Android Tech enough to know when the legit Android PlayStore will have the Tesla App with the Safety Algorithm? I tried the APK a few times - even became a $19.95/yr subscriber - and got no safety stats. Lucky my bride has an iPhone, so I can see how I'm doing after returning home...but, I'd rather have this info on my phone!
You don't need to pay anything to use APKMirror installer. Just download the APKMirror Installer from the Google Play store. Then download the 4.1 APK from the APKMirror website. Run the APKMirror Installer and select the APK. Watch the ad and then you can install it. There's no reason to pay or provide any information in the APKMirror Installer on on the APKMirror website.

After installing the 4.1 app, you need to close it and restart it. Others have reported they needed to log in again but the Safety Score showed up after I restarted the app.

I think if you get a high score you probably are more attentive to your driving environment and what the other cars around you are doing.
No, that gives you a lousy score. I did that for 75 miles and got an abysmal 78. Driving like the kind of person people hate to have in front of you and paying more attention to the metrics than the road and traffic, is the way to get a good score -- or driving in places where there is no traffic. When I did that, my score was 97.

Reactions: BitJam
As others have replied Tesla has to be very careful in the current political climate related to FSD. ...
In addition to The head of the NTSB now you have Senator Blumenthal joining in: ...
My tinfoil hat tells me that Tesla would like nothing better than to be forced to stop FSD by "regulations". Hear me out on this crazy thought.

Suppose FSD may never actually work with the HW3 setup and Tesla knows it. They have written in the disclaimer that regulations may prevent its use. So if they can release it widely enough to realize the deferred revenue, then it gets shut down, they win because they can then stop public testing on HW3 and work on HW4 in the background until it actually works. Yes they'd lose subscriptions but wouldn't have to worry about lawsuits from FSD customers because "regulations" shut it down.

/tinfoilhat

No, not likely really, Tesla surely wants to succeed, and may do. But if regulations do shut down FSD I'm sure Tesla will find a way to make it a positive somehow.

No, that gives you a lousy score. I did that for 75 miles and got an abysmal 78. Driving like the kind of person people hate to have in front of you and paying more attention to the metrics than the road and traffic, is the way to get a good score -- or driving in places where there is no traffic. When I did that, my score was 97.
I can tell you're a serene driver since you hate to be behind safe drivers. It's strange though how your superior driving style would statistically cause more accidents. My normal driving is no more relaxed than yours, I'm sure, but I'm finding that I have to be more aware of stale green lights and the traffic farther ahead to score well.

Reactions: Microterf
Just saw this tidbit. Good to know but too late for you. 😒 Reboot before finishing to "cancel" the current trip, apparently.

So, I just had a similar experience to Saturday, but can confirm that THIS trick works. I was PURPOSELY out doing some trying to get my dinged 56% back up, and was coming off a 15 mile half highway / half roads trip, about .5 miles from home when someone pulls from the right lane to continue straight over into the left turn lane in front of me. Again, it was an a.. move by them but NO concern of collision, but the collision warning went off as I lifted off the go pedal and thought about applying some brake. But instantly I remembered, REBOOT NOW!. I did the reboot and it would appear that much of that trip is purged from the short term cache, and the collision event is not showing up. so, if you can, keep this in mind when driving. If you get an alert like this and want to purge it from the tally, BOTH BUTTON hold Reboot the system and it’s as if it never happened.

I’m going to do my drives to bring my score back up at about 05:00 PST when nobody else is around.