Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, finally got the opportunity to press the button!

Last Friday I dropped my car off at the service center because of an intermittent problem with my touchscreen. Tesla decided to replace the screen and it took a couple days for it to come in. Finally got my car back today, so button was pressed.

We'll see how this affects my place in the queue compared to the early button pushers. I'll still have seven days before the next release, so it may not have as big of an effect as my actual score. Should be interesting.

In the meantime I will start a new thread for each problem and question I have, ignoring the dozens of threads that already exist on the topic. Plus, I will start several threads with polls asking about everyone else's safety scores. Finally, I will complain bitterly how the scoring system is fundamentally flawed due to me receiving a lower score than I feel I "deserve:. :p

The reality is, having the app will not affect one's admission into phase 2 Alpha testing. I suspect ppl know if they're a bad driver.
Eh I don’t think so. The thresholds for unsafe follow and hard braking are super sensitive. Without seeing the effects firsthand in the app, you’d have no idea what your score was. The first trip I did after getting safety score was an 84. Since then I’ve pulled up to a 99 based on improving from the app’s feedback. But I suspect others would also be in the 80-90 range if they didn’t have the safety score feedback

So what happens at the end of the big brother watching you drive?
Does big brother award all with the NEW FSD BETA or just a few lucky one get it?
Does big brother keep watching you drive like a Prius after you get it and you lose FSD BETA if you back slide?

Already explained.

1000 people added per week, and yes it keeps monitoring you- we've already seen folks thrown out of the program for dangerous operation.

Yep. With that many people it would quickly become virtually impossible to manually monitor people and kick them out for unsafe behaviors. Wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla tried to automate it by having the score be the determinant, possibly even scoring driving done by the Beta and penalizing drivers who let it fall below a certain level since drivers are supposed to be monitoring and ready to intervene at all times.

1633115697967.png

Wow! Things certainly are different on Planet Musk. People actually want what they paid thousands of dollars for? I'm shocked! 😲

View attachment 716766

Wow! Things certainly are different on Planet Musk. People actually want what they paid thousands of dollars for? I'm shocked! 😲
I don't think a lot of people understand how unfinished FSD beta is though. They may be expecting stability along the lines of other kinds of betas... Which they are simply not going to get (unless 10.2 is a massive improvement).

I don't think a lot of people understand how unfinished FSD beta is though. They may be expecting stability along the lines of other kinds of betas... Which they are simply not going to get (unless 10.2 is a massive improvement).
Is it worse then what I have now?
(Which works so well, I pretty much don’t use it. I use it when there’s totally congestion on the high and you’re rolling forward. And sometimes between cities when the highway is open. Even that I stopped doing as it’s no fun when it bogusly decides to slam on the breaks)

I’m willing to help out so they can make something better. It does however need to have a semblance of being useful for me to help out. If it’s as bad as the current thing I’ll not use it. Either it would be safe enough for them to enroll me. They’ll get some amount of data/feedback from me.

Agree. FSD Beta is a new beast. They should be forced to watch videos and complete an online course IMO. Something to do in the week(s) before they get FSD Beta. Right now some are only learning how to fool the score and reset any bad drives. Many are learning to moderate certain aspects of their driving in positive ways to get a better score. Not sure that's preparing them for FSD Beta in any way though.

Is it worse then what I have now?
(Which works so well, I pretty much don’t use it. I use it when there’s totally congestion on the high and you’re rolling forward. And sometimes between cities when the highway is open. Even that I stopped doing as it’s no fun when it bogusly decides to slam on the breaks)

I’m willing to help out so they can make something better. It does however need to have a semblance of being useful for me to help out. If it’s as bad as the current thing I’ll not use it. Either it would be safe enough for them to enroll me. They’ll get some amount of data/feedback from me.

On the highway, currently, it's literally what you have right now

All the new functionality in the current beta is for city streets.

Allegedly updates to the highway stack to integrate it with the new city stack are coming soon.

Reactions: FalconFour