Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...what?

The post of mine you quoted was about the enhanced summon feature. Which was delivered to customers 2 years ago.
I took possession of mine 3 years ago w/EAP and FSD
A 6 month old story about the CA DMV and the city streets feature is entirely unrelated to that, in addition to being old news.
My bad. I presumed ppl on here could hold two or more threads concurrently.
Which people?

For the ones who purchased FSD since roughly march/april 2019, delivering city streets, at L2, is the only extra promised that isn't yet delivered- and it's obviously in (very narrow) beta testing right now, with wider beta rollout coming as early as this Friday.

For the (relatively) small number of folks who bought FSD before ~march 2019 they're owed considerably more... but paid considerably less to get it. Presumably they'll eventually get what was promised (likely including at least another free driving computer upgrade) or they'll get refunds, with interest, on the ~$3000 they paid if delivering what they were promised is not possible.
The ppl who ordered in 2017, paid in mid 2018. You know FULL SELF DRIVING means just that. Musk promised a car that could drive autonomously cross country. Clearly he's backing away from that but he did promise a model 3 robotaxi fleet which was why leases on model 3 were non-renewable. Watch AI Day video again!
You might consider dialing back the Tesla apologist.

I continue to feel like you keep replying without reading what you are replying to.

The enhanced summon feature did not exist 3 years ago.

It was released fall of 2019.

That was the thing actually being discussed in the post of mine you chose to reply to- since you still don't seem to realize it.

My bad. I presumed ppl on here could hold two or more threads concurrently.

You replied to a post only about a single thing.

Then repeatedly made remarks about entirely unrelated stuff.

I agree someone here is confused, but you seem mistaken about whom.

You might consider dialing back the Tesla apologist.

You might consider trying to understand the posts to which you keep replying with irrelevant links and unrelated remarks.

Nothing in what you quoted from me was, in any way, "apologist"

{etc etc etc 5 pages of meta-complaints}

I tried taking the moment to follow back this chain and see what y'all are bashing heads over, but each post is meta-referential to itself. I can't find any actual things being disputed in at least 4 layers of quoted posts back. Maybe y'all want to restate your positions so we can all stop our heads spinning? 😂

As to the post above, EAP = both Enhanced Autopilot and Early Access Program - a common point of confusion for newcomers. Previously, the only way to get AP at all was to buy EAP - there was no separate AP. Later, there was AP/EAP/FSD tiers, then later again just AP standard/included, and "FSD" as your only option. It was a wild mess in years past.

But anyway, yeah, y'all might want to each step back and restate what y'all's positions are, because all I can see so far is meta-conversation: conversation about the conversation.

Reactions: edseloh
I tried taking the moment to follow back this chain and see what y'all are bashing heads over, but each post is meta-referential to itself. I can't find any actual things being disputed in at least 4 layers of quoted posts back.

Someone else commented on their wife thinking their car could come to them in a parking lot with FSD.

I mentioned that it can, as long as it's a small lot, using enhanced summon.

Then Wcorey, uninvolved in that conversation, began replying to 3 different posts, including mine, with a link to a 6 month old story about the CA DMVs discussions with Tesla about the City Streets feature.

For no apparent reason.

Then he kept doubling down on replies having nothing to do with what he was replying to (like telling us when he bought EAP as if that had anything to do with the later release date of the actual Enhance Summon feature my post was about), and insisting it must be that others are confused.

I agree there's no real "dispute" since his replies keep having nothing to do with the posts to which he is replying.

I continue to feel like you keep replying without reading what you are replying to.

It was released fall of 2019.

That was the thing actually being discussed in the post of mine you chose to reply to- since you still don't seem to realize it.

You replied to a post only about a single thing.

Then repeatedly made remarks about entirely unrelated stuff.

I agree someone here is confused, but you seem mistaken about whom.

You might consider trying to understand the posts to which you keep replying with irrelevant links and unrelated remarks.

Nothing in what you quoted from me was, in any way, "apologist"
Apologists say whaaaaaa?
Please, continue disagreeing with literally everything I type. I've come to expect nothing more from you. I've been off for 18 months. I'm sure you'll be an adult next time I'm back.

X-Post - Your future participation is requested here!

X-Post - Your future participation is requested here!

My guess is that there will be a new thread started right here, in the FSD forum for such discussions.

I feel the "follow too close" on the safescore is set too tight. No matter how careful I drive it seems to ding me for it, including if I'm almost all AP on freeway with setting "7" for distance.

Maybe they're using it to filter out people who cheat. Like if you get perfect 100, there's no way you've been actually driving in actual traffic.

I feel the "follow too close" on the safescore is set too tight. No matter how careful I drive it seems to ding me for it, including if I'm almost all AP on freeway with setting "7" for distance.

Maybe they're using it to filter out people who cheat. Like if you get perfect 100, there's no way you've been actually driving in actual traffic.
If you drive 180 miles "all AP on freeway" it has no impact on your Unsafe Following score because AP is on.

Let's say you get to your highway exit and as you approach the exit ramp you turn off AP with your speed still above 50 MPH and get too close to a slow driver. At that point you are dinged for Unsafe Following. That ding is especially bad for your daily score because you have spent no time doing 'Safe Following' which means your ratio of unsafe to safe following is terrible and that has happened on a day when you drove over 180 miles.

I was hit with this exact scenario in the first few days and it really hurt my score. After I figured it out (with help from posts here) I was able to correct my driving and slow down to below 50MPH before turning off AP at exits. The good news is that during the same day you can make your score better by doing some safe following. The best way to do that is to get behind a truck going over 50MPH but don't have AP on. Maintain the same speed as the truck and make sure that you stay around 2 seconds behind the truck (must be in the range of 1 to 3 seconds). This changes the ratio of unsafe to safe following and makes your score better...but it must be done on the same day.

Last edited:
If you drive 180 miles "all AP on freeway" it has no impact on your Unsafe Following score because AP is on.

Let's say you get to your highway exit and as you approach the exit ramp you turn off AP with your speed still above 50 MPH and get too close to a slow driver. At that point you are dinged for Unsafe Following. That ding is especially bad for your daily score because you have spent no time doing 'Safe Following' which means your ratio of unsafe to safe following is terrible and that has happened on a day when you drove over 180 miles.

I was hit with this exact scenario in the first few days and it really hurt my score. After I figured it out (with help from posts here) I was able to correct my driving and slow down to below 50MPH before turning off AP at exits. The good news is that during the same day you can make your score better by doing some safe following. The best way to do that is to get behind a truck going over 50MPH but don't have AP on. Maintain the same speed as the truck and make sure that you stay around 2 seconds behind the truck (must be in the range of 1 to 3 seconds). This changes the ratio of unsafe to safe following and makes your score better...but it must be done on the same day.
Same for me. I was dinged for unsafe following, but I’m pretty sure I was on AP.