Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Whole Mars Catalog. Hopefully it's true.

Attachments

• 20210315_071409.jpg
    20210315_071409.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 128
Mannnnn, reading online that ...yes, 2000 testers added but some testers already taken off secondary to not paying attention.

Based on this, I doubt they will roll out the fsd beta to the masses who already paid for full self driving.

If there is a button, my guess it will be to "sign up". Who knows, hope I am wrong as I paid and I do get a kick out of those youtube beta testing videos.

Even though level 5 is years away, I think those who paid should be able to test it out as long as they have hand pressure on the steering wheel ready to take over if the autopilot disengages or gets confused.

R

Reactions: edseloh
How I’m interpreting it: Added 2000 to 8.2 beta (2x from the 1000), 10x added to 8.3 via “the button”, the big update (beta version 9) in April.
That's an optimistic timeline .. it takes weeks of work to incorporate beta feedback and retrain the NN. A more general release is probably still several months away .. sometime in the summer perhaps. Sure, we'd all *like* it earlier, but if Tesla pulls the trigger too early there could be nasty issues and regulators could get involved .. I'd rather wait a few months more than face THAT nightmare.