Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You love to be wrong...

And yet I'm not.

Here is a pic of my latest FSD purchase from the "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" -- this your contract with Tesla on what you will get.

That is part of it, yes.

What you are shown when selecting options, legally, is also binding.

For example the purchase process shows you details of the # of speakers that come in the trim you check off... Tesla is legally bound by that- but speaker #s don't appear in the doc you posted.

The PURCHASE PROCESS pre 3/19 promised L4 to FSD buyers.

And the PURCHASE PROCESS post 3/19 does not

There's a reason Tesla changed that.

Note, neither Autopilot nor FSD is mentioned anywhere else in the document.

Neither is how many speakers you get in the car.

Neither is how many USB ports, or the rated range, or the rated 0-60 time.

But all of those ARE described when selecting what to buy during the purchase process, and all are just as legally binding on Tesla to deliver.

Which is why what you're shown THERE matters.

The page you keep jumping up and down and pointing at is not part of the purchase process and is never shown to a purchaser during the process

So it does not represent any contract between you and Tesla, unlike the purchase.

I admire the consistency with which you keep getting this basic stuff so badly wrong though.

I'm only discussing the fsd description during sale.

Yes- but mspisars doesn't care about the actual conversation

Your point was already mentioned and he just keeps ignoring it.

If the person in that seat instead needs to actively drive- that's L2. But very far from what is promised to buyers in the screen shot I posted.

What Tesla sells you may be different than their design intent.

Also, with FSD beta, you don't need to actively drive, since it's supposed to make all the manuevers, but you still need to supervise it from the "driver's seat."

The fsd description clearly talks about you being in the driver's seat. This is not level 4. With level 4, you don't need to be in the driver's seat.

That is part of it, yes.

What you are shown when selecting options, legally, is also binding.

For example the purchase process shows you details of the # of speakers that come in the trim you check off... Tesla is legally bound by that- but speaker #s don't appear in the doc you posted.
LOL
The Tesla design/configurator changes all the time, things get updated, added, and removed.

I buy a Tesla and turn around and sell it, the Tesla provided landing page to describe Autopilot or FSD features is on Autopilot

The bulleted list under "Full Self-Driving Capability" does not contradict the description of "Full Self-Driving Capability" on Autopilot.
But the full definition of what "Full Self-Driving Capability" is provided on Autopilot

LOL
The Tesla design/configurator changes all the time, things get updated, added, and removed.

Yes- and whatever it says during your purchase is legally binding.

If it says it come with homelink built in when you go through the process, you are owed a car with homelink.

If they change it a month later then FUTURE buyers are not.

During MY purchase process I was promised L4 or better for FSD.

Folks buying 3/19 or later were not.

This isn't rocket surgery man.

What Tesla sells you may be different than their design intent.

What Tesla sold me literally used the word "designed" to describe what I was buying.

And its stated design intent is an L4 system. That's what I bought.

Folks who bought post 3/19 are not promised the same thing during the purchase process, they're promised no more than an L2 system.

Also, with FSD beta, you don't need to actively drive, since it's supposed to make all the manuevers, but you still need to supervise it from the "driver's seat."

Supervising is an action.

What they sold the pre 3/19 folks requires NO actions from the person in that seat.

So that's not what those people paid for.

The fsd description clearly talks about you being in the driver's seat. This is not level 4. With level 4, you don't need to be in the driver's seat.

This is wrong.

Nothing in the pre-3/19 description says you HAVE TO sit in that seat.

It just says nothing will be required of whomever does.

Which literally is level 4 or higher

Everything below L4 requires something from whomever is in that seat.

L4+ does not.

It doesn't say this. It says that it's designed to conduct trips with no action required. Tesla can argue this just means zero-intervention trips.

No, they can't.

Because that's not what those words mean.

Supervising is an action and is required for you to do in an L2 system

Responding to a request to intervene is an action and being prepared to do so is as well- is required for you to do in an L3 system

If the system is designed to require no action then it can't require EITHER of those things.

You asked where Tesla ever said this.

You were shown a picture of where they did (and not for the first time)

You just refuse to take what Tesla actually said as an answer.

Strongly disagree.

Just a cursory objective look at Tesla's historical claims and deliverables says otherwise.
The safest cars on the road (as shown by independent crash testing), period.

The Press Release for Model X launch Tesla launches Model X SUV with a focus on safety

I cannot find the interview, maybe someone else has a link to it - please share, the initial push to add active safety and MobilEye to Tesla's was because a co-worker or someone close to Tesla got killed by a car while cycling.

Some additional links to prove you're full of $hit:
Try harder.

So this may sound anecdotal but this is one of my biggest beefs with Tesla - the car lacks basic safety features that come on cheap econoboxes, such as blind spot light in the mirror and rear cross traffic detection, while also lacking safety features from higher end cars such as night vision.

Reactions: boonedocks
So this may sound anecdotal but this is one of my biggest beefs with Tesla - the car lacks basic safety features that come on cheap econoboxes, such as blind spot light in the mirror and rear cross traffic detection, while also lacking safety features from higher end cars such as night vision.
Biggest problem is that it lacks a button, though.

This one's easy to explain.

Tesla expected the car would be driving itself. Years ago.

Notice how self-parking backs into spots? (which is objectively safer, and it's how professional drivers are taught to park). No need for rear traffic alert when you're autoparking such that you will always pull out forward.

No need for blind spot lights on the mirrors when the car handles lane changes anyway.

This makes total sense because the proper way to drive is to watch the screen when you are changing lanes.

I mean, the PROPER way is to:

Set your mirrors so you don't have a blind spot

And then physically turn and look to be sure.

Reactions: powertoold