Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The biggest question is how will the general fleet get the button request? Will it be a software update?
Presumably.

To be clear, at least if we believe Elon, this FSD Beta will not be going to fleet wide release. Everyone with FSD gets The Button though. Who knows when wide release will be (they haven't said yet).

So it seems like wider release is likely going to happen (barring an accident of course), but wide release is TBD.

It depends whether this tweet (The "Inchoate Button Tweet") still applies (with modifications to version numbers):

....Are you serious? :rolleyes: Tesla has been pushing out regular OTA SW updates for years.

Rhetorical Question: You know how the FSDbeta group have to wait for a SW update to get the latest version? FSDbeta v9.x SW update was released about a month ago. FSDbeta v10 SW update was released last week. They got FSDbeta 10.0.1 SW update last night.

The biggest question is how will the general fleet get the button request? Will it be a software update?

Very interesting to see (some) people who have spent the last few months saying FSD Beta is useless, now complaining how they may not get it because of their aggressive driving behavior :p

1) I fully expect it to be useless.
2) I have no concerns about my ability to qualify for it; driving style can easily be adjusted and I am glad it is not retroactive (I have a bunch of AP Lane Keeping DQ/Feature Jails (though no AP jails) because of poking my nose out on long drives for safe passing of trucks on rural highways).
3) I plan to keep a close eye on that button and press it ASAP because it seems like there will be a line.
4) I fully expect it will be pretty exciting, and if they follow through with The Button and they actually widen the beta enough, I will try it a few times and then abandon it (for safety reasons). I have a harrowing unprotected left turn with 50-60mph cross traffic near my house - fortunately with good visibility - which should be "fun."

The sooner they can hack together City Streets and go back to improving background active safety, the better. With City Streets we should get a pretty good idea of whether that's going to be possible, based on the false positive braking/evasive maneuver rate (doesn't look too promising so far but could change).

Reactions: eli_
Yup. More moving of the goalposts or whatever (never going to happen, fraud, scam, class-action lawsuit ...etc...).

We'll have to endure another week of the TSLAQ troll and FUDsters FSDbeta prayer circle here -- pleading to the ether that the FSDbeta 10.1 "button" doesn't come to pass. They'll be tying themselves into knots and spewing the usual innane garbage.

1) Most of these nicks don't own a Tesla
2) Those that do/did probably don't have the FSD option

Very interesting to see (some) people who have spent the last few months saying FSD Beta is useless, now complaining how they may not get it because of their aggressive driving behavior :p

Yup. More moving of the goalposts or whatever (never going to happen, fraud, scam, class-action lawsuit ...etc...).

We'll have to endure another week of the TSLAQ troll and FUDsters FSDbeta prayer circle here -- pleading to the ether that the FSDbeta 10.1 "button" doesn't come to pass. They'll be tying themselves into knots and spewing the usual innane garbage.

1) Most of these nicks don't own a Tesla
2) Those that do/did probably don't have the FSD option

Lmao really now? We have been promised FSD is just around the corner for about 4 years now.

You probably don't own a Tesla or FSD otherwise you'd know this first hand.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I will gladly push a button and take the beta and just use it as an improved form of Autosteer that works well on city streets and can traverse intersections and go around parked cars. That's good stuff that can make day-to-day driving more relaxing. I don't really plan to turn on NOA and let it make its own turns and lane changes since those features look like really early placeholders and probably are stressful to use.

Reactions: Cheburashka
One big unknown is whether 10.1 will include the single stack for highway and city streets. I think it goes one of two ways:

1) The button is actually released and they meaningfully expand the beta to more owners or
2) 10.1 includes the single stack.

I don't think they would do both of these, because it would mean that a large number of new drivers would get FSD Beta at the same time that they release a completely new and untested approach to highway driving. Surely they wouldn't replace NoA with City Streets without an extended limited beta first?

Reactions: edseloh
One big unknown is whether 10.1 will include the single stack for highway and city streets. I think it goes one of two ways:

1) The button is actually released and they meaningfully expand the beta to more owners or

I don't think they would do both of these, because it would mean that a large number of new drivers would get FSD Beta at the same time that they release a completely new and untested approach to highway driving. Surely they wouldn't replace NoA with City Streets without an extended limited beta first?

I think there will be a delay in pressing The Button and actually getting beta, probably a week or more, so it's possible Tesla will have single stack ready by then.

Sorry, forgot option 3 - no single stack AND no meaningful increase in beta program. That is perhaps the most likely of all.

I probably lean towards there not being a single stack in V10.1, just because I think there will be last minute issues that Tesla will need to addressed. After all, a single stack is a pretty major "rewrite". But with the rate of progress we've seen with FSD beta, it is also possible they will release a "beta" single stack. And Elon may want to release a beta single stack just to keep his promise even if it is not really ready yet.

I also think it is probable that the button will only start rolling out next Friday in an update. So we will get the button whenever our cars get the update. So the button won't actually go out to everybody on Friday. And the button will just let people request the beta. It will probably be another 7 days as Elon hinted, that people will get approved for FSD beta. So, I think Tesla will do a gradual expansion of the button and accepting people into FSD beta. I know I am usually late in getting updates. I am still on 2021.24.11. So I will probably be a week behind in getting the button.

....Are you serious? :rolleyes: Tesla has been pushing out regular OTA SW updates for years.

Rhetorical Question: You know how the FSDbeta group have to wait for a SW update to get the latest version? FSDbeta v9.x SW update was released about a month ago. FSDbeta v10 SW update was released last week. They got FSDbeta 10.0.1 SW update last night.

It'll definitely be a software update but let me clarify, will it be pushed to our cars (with FSD purchased) over night?

I definitely see a trend that when a new software is released, it's usually takes at least a week for fleet to get the update. It's likely we will have to wait for software to be pushed to our FSD cars so we can get the button update.

I probably lean towards there not being a single stack in V10.1, just because I think there will be last minute issues that Tesla will need to addressed. After all, a single stack is a pretty major "rewrite". But with the rate of progress we've seen with FSD beta, it is also possible they will release a "beta" single stack. And Elon may want to release a beta single stack just to keep his promise even if it is not really ready yet.

I also think it is probable that the button will only start rolling out next Friday in an update. So we will get the button whenever our cars get the update. So the button won't actually go out to everybody on Friday. And the button will just let people request the beta. It will probably be another 7 days as Elon hinted, that people will get approved for FSD beta. So, I think Tesla will do a gradual expansion of the button and accepting people into FSD beta. I know I am usually late in getting updates. I am still on 2021.24.11. So I will probably be a week behind in getting the button.
Most if not all FSD owners I’ve talked to in the Bay Area are on 24.11. That is the latest version. So I don’t think you’re behind. We’ll probably skip the 32.whatever is rolling out to the rest of the fleet and go straight to the button build. But you’re right it’ll probably also go out in waves

Not sure what the fuss is about single stack. They should just concentrate on city driving until it is good enough for GA and then think about single stack.

It would make sense to do single stack now only if they are running out of silicon for city improvements.

Single stack for the sh*t show that is smart summon and autopark would be great imo. Nothing can be worse than what we already have there. But I agree, messing with highway autopilot and giving it untested to masses seems like it’ll cause more problems than it’ll solve

Reactions: edseloh and Matias
Not sure what the fuss is about single stack. They should just concentrate on city driving until it is good enough for GA and then think about single stack.

It would make sense to do single stack now only if they are running out of silicon for city improvements.

Well, I think the single stack is exciting because it would mean that highway driving finally gets updated to the latest FSD software.

Most if not all FSD owners I’ve talked to in the Bay Area are on 24.11. That is the latest version. So I don’t think you’re behind. We’ll probably skip the 32.whatever is rolling out to the rest of the fleet and go straight to the button build. But you’re right it’ll probably also go out in waves

I said behind because I see on Teslafi that 2021.32.10 has gone out to a lot of cars. But from past experience, my car is probably on a different branch that will skip 2021.32.10 and get another iteration of that version like 2021.32.10.2 or 2021.32.11 or something. So yes, it is possible that the version after 2021.32.10 will have the button. On a side note, I am looking forward to getting the 2021.32.x branch because it has the new vision-only autopark.