Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That said, if 8.3 is a few days (or a week) late, and it arrives alongside a button that allows all FSD buyers to download the beta, obviously Elon hasn't completely blown his credibility.
How much credibility does Musk have around FSD timing at this point, anyway ?

I still think until end of next week is likely *if* they want to make it available this quarter. If they miss this month - then they won't have any time pressure as such ...

ps : I guess Q1 earnings report would give them another (non-financial !) milestone to hit. Useful for PR.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: powertoold
This is my point though. I agree that he's been way too optimistic about the pace of progress, although clearly they are finally on the cusp of delivering something real.

However, there's a difference from a credibility perspective between being overoptimistic about the long term pace of progress, and stating that you will deliver X within the next week or two.

And to be clear, he may still follow through. Let's see......

I still think until end of next week is likely *if* they want to make it available this quarter. If they miss this month - then they won't have any time pressure as such ...

ps : I guess Q1 earnings report would give them another (non-financial !) milestone to hit. Useful for PR.
I would bet the button will appear soon, because this would be a helluva demand lever for Q1.

I would bet the button will appear soon, because this would be a helluva demand lever for Q1.

i don’t think the average guy considering a tesla knows about the beta. I bet they think fsd currently released is already better than the beta. A guy i was meeting with today was excited that his car was going to drive into the garage by itself. His frown was immense when i told him it wouldn’t be doing that unless it involved a call to his insurance agent immediately afterwards.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
i don’t think the average guy considering a tesla knows about the beta. I bet they think fsd currently released is already better than the beta. A guy i was meeting with today was excited that his car was going to drive into the garage by itself. His frown was immense when i told him it wouldn’t be doing that unless it involved a call to his insurance agent immediately afterwards.
The press release and posts on places like this will ensure that they (and Wall Street) know.