Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is anything like NoA or Smart Summon, just be patient and wait for it to be ready. I know we all want it now (myself included), but if it gets released and the quality is so poor that you use it for a few days and never touch it again, then we'll be left with an even more sour taste.

By the way, what ever happened to the holiday release or the birds-eye-surround-view?

Smart Summon, just be patient and wait for it to be ready. I know we all want it now (myself included), but if it gets released and the quality is so poor that you use it for a few days and never touch it again, then we'll be left with an even more sour taste.
Assuming this release happens, I fully expect this to be similar to the Smart Summon release (I can't see how it would be otherwise). However, it'll be more fun than Smart Summon. Basically you can't use Smart Summon because you have really zero control over whether your car rams into a pole or whatnot because you didn't lift your finger off the button fast enough (unless you use it from inside the car, which is the only way I've ever used it).

In this case, we would (will?) have a completely useless (and quite dangerous) system that is at least capable of moving faster and not boring you to death and humiliating you (as Smart Summon does), as it continuously encounters the limits of its functionality. While useless, for some people it will be a fun toy. I just hope that they pay really close attention when using it. I plan to use it for 10 or 15 minutes before going back to driving myself. Maybe I'll set up my GoPro to show my family and a couple friends how silly it is (they're pretty curious). That's a lot more fun than Smart Summon!

That's my expectation, and I expect no sour taste left in my mouth, as I wait for gradually improved freeway AP performance and improved active safety features, based on FSD development, in the next couple years. So the sooner we get this mostly broken version, the better, as far as I am concerned.

I've never been disappointed in the incremental improvements in my car over the last couple years. It's much better than it was when I bought it! And my expectations are very low for FSD, so I do not anticipate disappointment, and I think incremental improvements in other areas due to HW3 capability are likely over the next couple years, too.

About this whole new 8.3 version and download button for everyone .... it doesn't sound right.

If there are over 1000 bug fixes - it not only needs internal QA testing, but also needs a limited rollout first before being available widely. My guess is - they would first send it to current beta testers and confirm no big issues before sending to everyone.

A big change with lots of fixes - directly going to 10s/100s of thousands for the first time doesn't make sense.
My thoughts exactly.

I don’t know about y’all, but as soon as this button drops I will be starting my journey as a YouTube. “Tracking the progress of Autonomous Driving until we reach Level 5!”

There's definitely a shortage of people who want to try and make youtube videos for a living, especially in the tesla community.

The Button! I got it and more! :rolleyes:
1616115152381.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bobby g
About this whole new 8.3 version and download button for everyone .... it doesn't sound right.

If there are over 1000 bug fixes - it not only needs internal QA testing, but also needs a limited rollout first before being available widely. My guess is - they would first send it to current beta testers and confirm no big issues before sending to everyone.

A big change with lots of fixes - directly going to 10s/100s of thousands for the first time doesn't make sense.

I would agree. However, what would make even less sense would be Tesla rolling out the new 9.x build to a larger group, given that it's apparently a significant rewrite that enables neural net stitching of all 8 cameras.

So if they are going to expand the FSD Beta anytime in the next few months, it should really be the 8.x code.

Reactions: rxlawdude