Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like the looks of this latest configurator update. 😬
bOpAJg1.png

Statistically there is someone who paid for FSD and died to COVID who never got to see FSD’s light of day. Meanwhile Elon is sitting on the cash they spent and lying about button release dates.
“Sitting on the cash” is an apt description, as Telsa cannot recognize those funds as income until the software does what has been promised. Listening to those quarterly income calls is educational.

So are we putting the button watch on ice until April then?
Since he said “hoping” next month it presumably won’t be April. I would assume rumbles might start again in June, but we’ll see. It’s so far from being useful and so dangerous, I am not sure it makes sense to do an even wider release until it is much much better. And that seems like it could take some time. Especially with the pure vision introduction. Going to take a while, and hopefully no accidents in the meantime. They have a lot of basic driving policy stuff that has to be fixed as far as I can tell, quite aside from perception and decision making.

Going to be a long wait unless they go off half-cocked like Smart Summon (which is clearly possible).