Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - I understand what you're saying but I'm saying these are outright hard decelerations out of nowhere. I have slammed the brakes a few times for deer and to try the BBK out... very aware of the difference between phantom braking and gradual Autopilot braking.
I begin to wonder if the difference between those of you who get issues with this vs. those of us who don't think it's crazy dangerous is the follow distance setting.

I keep mine at 7 most of the time. When it's rush hour I set it to 5 to encourage people to stay out of my lane. I don't live in LA so I don't use the settings below 3 EVER, I think you need to be more on top of the traffic situation than I am comfortable with to use those settings. I wonder if you guys are just setting the AutoPilot up for failure.

I did have my car slow dramatically this week and watched the cars behind me run for the shoulder to not hit me, but haven't had this happen in a phantom sitch

I think you're actually 100% correct here - its the follow distance settings (i don't know honestly what else to contribute it to and have really thought about others comments about it). I keep it at 2, so I don't constantly get cut off in traffic. Its going to pain me but I'm going to try and set it at 4 and see how it does. If I set it to 7 around here, I'd be the product of a road-rage news story on Fox 5 news. lol

Reactions: APotatoGod
I don't understand why Tesla doesn't geofence FSD Beta out of metropolitan areas and exclude unprotected lefts at major intersections for the "button" wider rollout. I think it would strike a good balance between non-YouTubers getting in on the beta and still having some degree of safety.

I'd also want to see them roll out camera eye-tracking + a camera add-on module for those MS/MX that don't have it.

Reactions: dckiwi and Dan D.
I don't understand why Tesla doesn't geofence FSD Beta out of metropolitan areas and exclude unprotected lefts at major intersections for the "button" wider rollout. I think it would strike a good balance between non-YouTubers getting in on the beta and still having some degree of safety.

I'd also want to see them roll out camera eye-tracking + a camera add-on module for those MS/MX that don't have it.
They did something so much better, weren't you paying attention? There's a popup disclaimer.

/s

• Informative
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG

Because they want that data to improve the algorithms?

Not holding my breath but at least I have the advantage of getting lots of new features that I were not available or promised. Of course I never paid for them like I have for FSD! Hey at least I paid less for FSD then.
Just a few of the freebies since I got my early Model 3 that keep me optimistic when the delay in FSD annoys me.
-Hold mode
-Camping mode
-Pet mode
-Automated wipers (yes I know they don't always work but manual was the only option initially)
-Heated rear sears (same as above. We didn't even know if the seats were built for heating)
-Theatre/Entertainment choices
-Netflex/YouTube etc.
-Spotify
-Chill mode
-NoA
-Sentry mode
-Valet mode
-Speed limit mode
-Summon
-Voice commands

And dozens more but you get the idea. I wonder what the new free feature list from Audi/BMW/Ford etc. looks like?

Not holding my breath but at least I have the advantage of getting lots of new features that I were not available or promised. Of course I never paid for them like I have for FSD! Hey at least I paid less for FSD then.
Just a few of the freebies since I got my early Model 3 that keep me optimistic when the delay in FSD annoys me.
-Hold mode
-Camping mode
-Pet mode
-Automated wipers (yes I know they don't always work but manual was the only option initially)
-Heated rear sears (same as above. We didn't even know if the seats were built for heating)
-Theatre/Entertainment choices
-Netflex/YouTube etc.
-Spotify
-Chill mode
-NoA
-Sentry mode
-Valet mode
-Speed limit mode
-Summon
-Voice commands

And dozens more but you get the idea. I wonder what the new free feature list from Audi/BMW/Ford etc. looks like?

Problem with that list is that every single one of them except for Summon everyone else got that didn't pay for 6k+ years ago.

The only thing substantial FSD owners have received in that timeframe is a stupid stop light feature that is more annoying when activated than anything else.

I get a year or two delay on a crazy new tech, but paying 6-10k to get nothing pushing over 3 years is getting ridiculous even for early adopters.

A lot of early FSD buyers are now starting to sell/trading in their cars and got nothing to show for it.