Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know where the expectation of April 1 came from, but maybe I missed a tweet. On March 6, Elon said the download button would appear in ~10 days, which came and went weeks ago.

This whole thing I fear will be one of those promises Elon makes off the cuff that never gets mentioned again. Back in October we were promised a new CT design in December. It's never been mentioned again.

As much as I'd love to be part of the beta test, it makes no sense to expand the test pool when they still have plenty of bugs to fix.

There will always be plenty of bugs to fix. That has never stopped Tesla from releasing anything. AP1 is still in beta.

Elon said after that he's cancelling FSD 8.3 because it's so bad and doing a vision rewrite with v9, which will also bring the button.

I paid for it. I am entitled to it.

That's it, isn't it? There are way too many Musketeers who are too paralyzed with fear to publicly state the truth that Tesla's track record of not delivering on promises is so bad it would make PT Barnum blush! Enjoy the rest of Your Day!
What the heck is a musketeer?
nobody’s afraid of anything.
Everybody picks their battle. If you picked this one, good luck! Anybody who bought FSD in 2018 or later and is surprised by the situation didn’t do their homework and should be blaming themselves, not everyone else.

I don't know where the expectation of April 1 came from, but maybe I missed a tweet. On March 6, Elon said the download button would appear in ~10 days, which came and went weeks ago.

This whole thing I fear will be one of those promises Elon makes off the cuff that never gets mentioned again. Back in October we were promised a new CT design in December. It's never been mentioned again.

As much as I'd love to be part of the beta test, it makes no sense to expand the test pool when they still have plenty of

nope. This topic is about a button. And watching for it.

thats 4/20 dude...

So, under this "Official Button Watch" subtopic under the 'AP&A/FSD' section, is kibitzing about the lack of the 'Button' ok here, too? Are da "Spellcheck Police" gonna show up next? ;)
What the heck is a musketeer?
nobody’s afraid of anything.
Everybody picks their battle. If you picked this one, good luck! Anybody who bought FSD in 2018 or later and is surprised by the situation didn’t do their homework and should be blaming themselves, not everyone else.
We're all Musketeers singing the praises of Mr. Musk and his amazing vision, dogged determination and salesmanship! At the same time, "Caveat Emptor!" is an ancient warning that applies to this situation as well as "mea culpa!"

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
What we need to do is get one of the Elon simps on Twitter like Whole Mars Catalog or Tesla Owners Silicon Valley to tweet at Elon about the button. We need an update, and Elon seems to engage with those people.

SVs been tweeting at Elon constantly about the 1000 additional testers for 8.2. Elon hasn't responded. It seems they haven't even been added.

There will always be plenty of bugs to fix. That has never stopped Tesla from releasing anything. AP1 is still in beta.

Elon said after that he's cancelling FSD 8.3 because it's so bad and doing a vision rewrite with v9, which will also bring the button.

I paid for it. I am entitled to it.

Care to provide a link where Elon said that, "he's cancelling FSD 8.3 because it's so bad and doing a vision rewrite with v9"? I recall no such statement. He said that, "Given significant architectural changes, including fundamental improvements to pure vision, there is limited value to testing 8.x".

Care to provide a link where Elon said that, "he's cancelling FSD 8.3 because it's so bad and doing a vision rewrite with v9"? I recall no such statement. He said that, "Given significant architectural changes, including fundamental improvements to pure vision, there is limited value to testing 8.x".
I was paraphrasing, thanks for sharing that enlightening Elon quote.

I'm sure 8.3 is great and they didn't bother testing it because it was so great, but v9 is on another level. I bet you v10 will be even better!

A reasonable person can infer that if there is no value to test 8.x and v9 gives fundamental improvements that necessarily means 8.x had fundamental issues which necessitated the fundamental improvements.

Last edited:
A reasonable person can infer that if there is no value to test 8.x and v9 gives fundamental improvements that necessarily means 8.x had fundamental issues which necessitated the fundamental improvements.

Elon stated that 8.3 had approximately 1,000 improvements. I inferred that v9 with vision only showed such promise that it made 8.3 obsolete.