Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows when they'll widely release it, but it's exciting to know that video labeling is working. Video labeling and NNs are a difficult problem per Karpathy years ago. Everyone wants to do it, but I don't think anyone has shown it to be more reliable vs single images.

I personally don't know of any other fsd developers doing video labeling.

FSD Beta V9 is almost ready! Can’t wait to get the button!

Random observations:
1) Is this Alpha 9.0?
2) What's with all the subliminal flash frames of a stopped Tesla and reversed video? Odd. 0:33, 0:55, 1:17, etc.
3) Why would he drive all the way to his garage. Not a privacy freak I guess.
4) Long pause at curve in the road 0:20
5) A lot of weaving 0:23-0:35

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Screenshot_20210409-163854_Twitter.jpg

Interesting to see him say they are going to actually remove the radars from the cars

View attachment 652432
Interesting to see him say they are going to actually remove the radars from the cars

Elon isn't saying they "will" remove. He's just saying they "can" remove, which is the original question.

A lot of people misinterpret Elon because of these subtle differences in wording.

If Tesla ends up not removing the radar, it'll still be within Elon's wording.

A lot of weaving 0:23-0:35

Yeah, it's hilarious that he calls this "completely normal." Though it does appear that perhaps he drives this way normally?

Subliminal Tesla (some sort of video problem since this showed up earlier in the video, in reality, looks like some TeslaCam issue I would guess):
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 1.54.10 PM.png

If Tesla ends up not removing the radar, it'll still be within Elon's wording.
The Oracle has spoken. I actually agree, though it's all really pretty silly - I don't think Tesla is going to be removing the radar for at least 3 more years, if ever. I can't think of any reason they would remove it (even if they're "not using it," it will take some time to remove it from the features where they are still using it). (Looking forward to this getting quoted in 2 years, lol.)

Last edited:
And u think tesla will allow all these people to simultaneously download ... start upscaling ... pfffff bs. The system cant handle crashing every 5 days, doing normal nav, music, cant go on www, or record stable usb video sentry mode. I have HW3. Most current firmware and tesla certified usb stick. On a model s 100d. 👎🏻 Whatever.
I have fsd, adv summon, and etc etc. Its vapor on steroids on stacks of overflowing...

He certainly implied that but I would think it likely that Tesla would release the upgrade to the FSD beta testers for a week or two first to get their initial feedback on the improvements. With Elon though it's anyone's guess what will actually happen.

If v9 is indeed a significant rewrite, no way they release it broadly without many months of closed beta testing.

I can remember a funny rule of thumb for estimates that was true more often than not. “Make what you think is a reasonable estimate, multiply it by 2 or 4 and then go to the next highest unit”. So If you think one day you end up with 2 to 4 weeks! 🙄