Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get the sense that some folks want to slow the public release for personal gain....City Streets won't match to a individuals driving style whether conservative or aggressive. Even though FSD performed in the same manner as other drivers, some of the drive disengagements I observed this morning were attributable to the drivers' comfort level. How do you measure feels (more smooth or assertive). It's almost a no win outcome.

Although I appreciate the Beta testers, any button release timing recommendations should be made by Tesla only - my 2 cents.

I think Tesla is currently prioritizing The Button (tm) over deploying a "feature complete" FSD.

Deploying the City Streets feature doesn't require emergency vehicle response or hand-gesture response, since City Streets will still be L2, and emergency vehicles / hand-gestures are "obvious" situations where the driver would take over if needed.

Once Tesla deploys City Streets and collects the deferred FSD revenue, then they'll focus on the remaining FSD features, which they've been collecting data for but haven't enabled / fully developed for fsd beta.

Reactions: Microterf
I think Tesla is currently prioritizing The Button (tm) over deploying a "feature complete" FSD.
I hope so.
Deploying the City Streets feature doesn't require emergency vehicle response or hand-gesture response, since City Streets will still be L2, and emergency vehicles / hand-gestures are "obvious" situations where the driver would take over if needed.

Once Tesla deploys City Streets and collects the deferred FSD revenue, then they'll focus on the remaining FSD features, which they've been collecting data for but haven't enabled / fully developed for fsd beta.
Whatever, just give me what I paid for. I'm fine with lots of scary disclaimers that it is dangerous, can kill and not recommended except for sharp eyed, quick reaction, very alert people.

Yeah. And based on Elon's latest tweet about the single stack coming for all in V10.1, I think that is what they will probably do.
Except when he mentioned the button at first in March, he said it was a download once you connected to wifi... we don't forget easily.

We do, however, keep making the same mistakes over and over and fall for the hype. I think we might all be in an abusive relationship with Elon.