Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If only FSD worked as well as the SpaceX rockets.
Rockets are easier than FSD because:
1. Rockets don't have to contend with crazy people
2. Rockets can calculate trajectory ahead of times, no body is going to jump in your way unexpectedly. At least if does before launch you abort.
3. Rockets don't have to contend with a system that was designed for organic life with a billion years of evolution.
... I think we might all be in an abusive relationship with Elon.
I feel very abused. Where is the battered wives/FSD owners anonymous club? Oh wait it is right here. :)

Rockets are easier than FSD because:
1. Rockets don't have to contend with crazy people
2. Rockets can calculate trajectory ahead of times, no body is going to jump in your way unexpectedly. At least if does before launch you abort.
3. Rockets don't have to contend with a system that was designed for organic life with a billion years of evolution.

I agree. That is why I think it is ridiculous when Elon fans use the "Elon can land rockets vertically therefore I trust he can solve FSD" argument.

WHA WAIT….

So if you’re a good human driving your Tesla; then you might be given access for the car to let the car drive itself ?!?!

I must be missing something.

I think I read somewhere that the Tesla insurance calculator factors in driver monitoring like how may "blue screen" warnings, how often you got put in "AP jail" for failing to respond to the AP nag. It may also use the camera to see how distracted you are while driving. That would all make sense as driver monitoring metrics for whether you can be trusted to monitor FSD Beta.

Last edited: