Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve heard “by the end of the year,” “six months definitely,” “essentially a solved problem,” “absolutely confident,” and so on more times than I can count. They either need to get this thing out the door or start refunding money.

I’m truly amazed the folks who bought in 2016 with video “evidence” of FSD being a done deal haven’t filed suit.
I won't discuss tweets / marketing videos as part of a contractual promise.

Nobody asked you to. To be frank I’m not sure why you initiated this exchange to begin with; my comment was that Tesla can do a last minute 10.1.1 bug fix after the 7 day validation period and/or move it back a few weeks if things aren’t ready. I think it’s a slick move to ensure a safe rollout of this to a wider audience.

My comment which you initially responded to had absolutely nothing to do with Tesla’s FSD obligations, contractural nuances, or legal liability.

AP on or off ?

We are only talking about AP on.
2 on 1 off on the same road. And the road is nothing special. Collision warning not the big red steering wheel of death warning. 1 happened while I was trying to engage AP so count that as on or off as you wish.

To be more specific the AP ones happened in the 2021.12 series, including the time the engagement failed with a collision warning.
2021.24 the collision warning was during driving. Never had a problem before. I started with FSD in Sept 2018 and have over 38,000 miles on my car.

Last edited:
You don't have to consider tweets/marketing videos or ads, but a company can get caught out by some things they say, specific items, specific dates/prices etc

"In some cases, an advertisement may become a unilateral contract. If a company specifies a certain number of items available and includes words of promise in an advertisement, it may have the legal force of a unilateral contract. For example, if a company's advertisement states that it only has 10 televisions for sale and states that it will sell the televisions on a 'first come, first served' basis, the first 10 people to respond may require the company to sell the televisions."

• Informative
Reactions: FalconFour
FSD capability owners are really not owed anything from Tesla

Depends on when you bought.
I just showed that we are not owed anything, despite of your beliefs. Trust me, I want it too, but I understand that they don't HAVE to release anything. That's all I'm saying. I don't even want/expect FSD to be perfect, a lot of the joy comes from seeing it develop. That's my opinion and the biggest reason I want early access.

You don't have to consider tweets/marketing videos or ads, but a company can get caught out by some things they say, specific items, specific dates/prices etc

"In some cases, an advertisement may become a unilateral contract. If a company specifies a certain number of items available and includes words of promise in an advertisement, it may have the legal force of a unilateral contract. For example, if a company's advertisement states that it only has 10 televisions for sale and states that it will sell the televisions on a 'first come, first served' basis, the first 10 people to respond may require the company to sell the televisions."
That's nice to know, but no one filed suit and got a) a reimbursement or b) FSD early access (as far as I know)
My point it, I don't believe we're owed anything. But I still want it. If you want to prove me wrong, file suit and win. Or point me to an article where that happened, and I will change my mind.

I just showed that we are not owed anything, despite of your beliefs. Trust me, I want it too, but I understand that they don't HAVE to release anything. That's all I'm saying. I don't even want/expect FSD to be perfect, a lot of the joy comes from seeing it develop. That's my opinion and the biggest reason I want early access.
I’m referring to the original reply you made to me, prior to the one you just referenced. My post had nothing to do with being “owed anything” and you introduced that line of thought.

I’m just not sure why you did, maybe you mistook my post for another one? My post had no reference whatsoever to anything beyond a 10.1.1 potential bug fix and buying additional time if it wasn’t ready yet.

I’m referring to the original reply you made to me, prior to the one you just referenced. My post had nothing to do with being “owed anything” and you introduced that line of thought.

I’m just not sure why you did, maybe you mistook my post for another one? My post had no reference whatsoever to anything beyond a 10.1.1 potential bug fix and buying additional time if it wasn’t ready yet.
I'm honestly lost. I re-read our iterations and can't really make sense of your "It depends on when you bought" reply to anything else. But ok, I think we now know each other's opinions.

I'm honestly lost. I re-read our iterations and can't really make sense of your "It depends on when you bought" reply to anything else. But ok, I think we now know each other's opinions.
This is bordering on thread jacking but my post to which you replied “we’re not owed anything” was:

This timeline buys the FSD team an additional week for a 10.1.1 last minute fix and an option for Elon to kick the can down the road another week or two if they get cold feet.

This has been an exhausting exchange. Take care.
Take care! For the record I was never teasing you. I really just wanted to know if we agreed on that, and until now I don't, but oh well.

Of course, we are owed what we paid for years ago, which is Full Self Driving.

I don't recall making a charitable donation to Tesla.

Either that, or give us the FSD refund button.
Like I said, I don't think we are owed anything. I'll be happy to be proven wrong and change my mind the moment I see a successful lawsuit against Tesla.

Of course, we are owed what we paid for years ago, which is Full Self Driving.

I don't recall making a charitable donation to Tesla.

Either that, or give us the FSD refund button.

Agreed. Give me the features I paid for beyond EAP or give me the difference back. Right now FSD = EAP but with the aforementioned charitable donation.

I guess I get arrows and trash cans displayed on the screen but I’m willing to give those back for three grand.

In any event I expect “the button” and associated driver grading software to arrive tomorrow (11:59:59 pacific) and the actual FSD stuff to show up between one week and six months after.

Take care! For the record I was never teasing you. I really just wanted to know if we agreed on that, and until now I don't, but oh well.

Like I said, I don't think we are owed anything. I'll be happy to be proven wrong and change my mind the moment I see a successful lawsuit against Tesla.

I don't know about you, but I paid for Full Self Driving. Not a green light chime and stopping at intersections.

I've never seen any other company make so many false forward-looking statements, including by the CEO, and take money for something that doesn't exist outside of a failed kickstarter campaign.

Agreed. Give me the features I paid for beyond EAP or give me the difference back. Right now FSD = EAP but with the aforementioned charitable donation.

I guess I get arrows and trash cans displayed on the screen but I’m willing to give those back for three grand.

In any event I expect “the button” and associated driver grading software to arrive tomorrow (11:59:59 pacific) and the actual FSD stuff to show up between one week and six months after.

Actually, the trash cans and pylon visualizations are still there with EAP. The only difference right now is the green light chime and auto-stopping at intersections. I turned the latter off since it slammed the brakes on the highway for me at the sight of a yellow flashing light, making it unusable.

Actually, the trash cans and pylon visualizations are still there with EAP. The only difference right now is the green light chime and auto-stopping at intersections. I turned the latter off since it slammed the brakes on the highway for me at the sight of a yellow flashing light, making it unusable.

I should have been more specific. My Tesla FSD charitable donation was so long ago that my car required a computer swap. My old hardware couldn’t display trash cans and as such life was joyless.