Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Entire India is 5 1/2 hours ahead of GMT.
There are a few of those, plus Nepal is a 15/45 minutes offset. Half Hour and 45-Minute Time Zones
And then there's the fun that's hyper-local time zones, like Time in Arizona. From that Wikipedia entry, "...driving the length of Arizona State Route 264 east from Tuba City while DST is in place involves six time zone changes in less than 100 miles...".

• Funny
Reactions: edseloh and EVNow
Just as luck would have it - yesterday I got a collision warning with AP on. Thats because a car decided to quickly cross the road and I'd have got a collission warning even if I was driving without AP.

Usual way AP responds to such cross traffic is by slamming brakes. Collision warning would only be if the car thinks there isn't enough time to brake before collision. This should be rare and would happen even without AP. Ofcourse CW can come because of some bugs - not any I'm aware of that is specific to AP.
I just had THREE! while in autopilot. It’s a specific back road with a double yellow line. Nothing was off, wrong or confusing in the least. It triggered with each passing car. I’m going to set a camera up and drive that road and open a support call with Tesla. Cannot wait to see the FSD beta being denied due to all the forward collisions. FYI been driving this road since I had this car so not sure what’s up.

I just had THREE! while in autopilot. It’s a specific back road with a double yellow line. Nothing was off, wrong or confusing in the least. It triggered with each passing car. I’m going to set a camera up and drive that road and open a support call with Tesla. Cannot wait to see the FSD beta being denied due to all the forward collisions. FYI been driving this road since I had this car so not sure what’s up.
Winding road ? If not - looks like your cameras may need re-calibration ? BTW, Is this with AP on, off or both ?

Of course CW can come because of some bugs - not any I'm aware of that is specific to AP.
I've noticed that parked vehicles not separated by a lane line can trigger the collision warning because the other vehicle moves out of main camera view and some other camera (wide fisheye or pillar) results in Autopilot thinking the vehicle suddenly jumped out a little bit.

In preparation for the 7 day insurance evaluation, I've been proactively disengaging Autopilot with the stalk when passing any parked vehicles.

Reactions: Iain
The 10% consists of
- unmarked roads
- turns
- roundabouts
- occasional junction the AP gives up because the roads are weird
Yup. For my commute, there's 4% unmarked roads, and turns + related unsupported Autosteeer maneuvers are very short distances aggregating to maybe 1% of miles traveled. I would guess this was why Elon Musk kept predicting FSD was so close because by the numbers, "just" adding support for no lane lines would basically increase Autopilot to 99% of miles traveled. Then say handling turns and correctly predicting common 4-way basic intersections/junctions moves it to 99.9%.

I suppose in some sense, for those of us already heavily using Autopilot on city streets and getting the button then FSD Beta, it "only" increases how much Autopilot handles by <10%.

Reactions: FalconFour
Winding road ? If not - looks like your cameras may need re-calibration ? BTW, Is this with AP on, off or both ?
All three were in about the same 1/8 mile stretch that went off with each passing oncoming car. Was on autopilot the entire time. There are sealed cracks in the road. I’ll see what happens when I go back home in a bit. That drive was less than two hours ago and part of the trip was on two interstates on NAO with no issues so I think the cameras are fine.

Don't the FSD Beta updates happen at midnight on Fridays, so really Saturday?

So far all the beta updates since 9.0 (I think) have been Friday night at midnight. I wouldn't expect anything different from 10.1

EDIT: Plus I'd expect a tweet at some point today if it's delayed like they did from 9.2 to 10.0.
Today would be the correct date for the "two week" scheduling they've been on.
Why anyone would expect any updates before 12:am pacific time (i.e. Saturday morning) is beyond me. Do you just want an excuse to bash Elon and Tesla?
Plus new OTA updates will take a while to roll out even to a smaller set of FSD owners so cannot wait for all the complaining we're going to see on that delay. My expectation is that 10.1 will rollout to existing FSD beta users over night and that Tesla will wait a day or two before a larger rollout to insure there isn't a significant bug in 10.1 Very anxious to see what the merged stack actually looks like and how it impacts the product.

Why anyone would expect any updates before 12:am pacific time (i.e. Saturday morning) is beyond me. Do you just want an excuse to bash Elon and Tesla?
Plus new OTA updates will take a while to roll out even to a smaller set of FSD owners so cannot wait for all the complaining we're going to see on that delay. My expectation is that 10.1 will rollout to existing FSD beta users over night and that Tesla will wait a day or two before a larger rollout to insure there isn't a significant bug in 10.1 Very anxious to see what the merged stack actually looks like and how it impacts the product.

What? Nobody is expecting to get 10.1 at this point. That is reserved for YouTubers and Elon stans. What we are expecting to see is the FSD request button that Elon promised us.

...Why anyone would expect any updates before 12:am pacific time (i.e. Saturday morning) is beyond me....

Because I normally expect Friday, September 24, 2021, to start at 00:00 and not rounded up to Saturday at 00:00.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoffEV
What? Nobody is expecting to get 10.1 at this point. That is reserved for YouTubers and Elon stans. What we are expecting to see is the FSD request button that Elon promised us.
Do people actually expect a button without an OTA upgrade rolled out? That would certainly be cool. I'm assuming an upgrade is necessary so that has to factor in the timing. Wishful thinking won't just make a button appear.

Humm, maybe somebody already pushed the button...

1632512957988.png

Do people actually expect a button without an OTA upgrade rolled out? That would certainly be cool. I'm assuming an upgrade is necessary so that has to factor in the timing. Wishful thinking won't just make a button appear.

I think there are some semantic confusions here. A "download button" is clarified 8 days ago that it does not download or upgrade to 10.1 firmware. It's consent for the insurance calculator. It should be renamed as "not-a-download button".

I think there are some semantic confusions here. A "download button" is clarified 8 days ago that it does not download or upgrade to 10.1 firmware. It's consent for the insurance calculator. It should be renamed as "not-a-download button".
So how to your propose to make that button or any other change to the software version your on available without an OTA update of some kind? Assuming that is the case is it reasonable to expect that will happen to every FSD owner overnight? That would be great just wondering how realistic that is. That last time I saw something like that happen was when Tesla pushed out an emergency upgrade for the Model 3 brakes firmware in 2018 which I got so yes it could happen.

Reactions: ahoen117
The button is only being pushed to those with FSD, so what percentage of owners have FSD? I’d imagine they could send it to all USA based FSD owners within a fairly short time frame. ( I have no idea if he’s only planning on sending it to USA based cars)

on a different note how many people who don’t have FSD might be thinking now is the time?

Reactions: FalconFour
So how to your propose to make that button or any other change to the software version your on available without an OTA update of some kind? Assuming that is the case is it reasonable to expect that will happen to every FSD owner overnight? That would be great just wondering how realistic that is. That last time I saw something like that happen was when Tesla pushed out an emergency upgrade for the Model 3 brakes firmware in 2018 which I got so yes it could happen.
I'm not saying this is reality, but just giving you an example that this is possible. Factory menus. There's a bunch of hidden menus with fine tweaks in our cars as shows by Green in the past. And also reads like logs and statistics for service. This is just to exemplify that it's not only possible, but a fact, that there is more to the car than what we see.

With that being said, nothing prevents Tesla to add a simple logic to a button to display it only after a certain date.
With that being said (2), I don't think they did that. So we wait for a firmware.
With that being said (3), TeslaFi reports some crazy activity for 2021.32.20.1 in the last couple of days. Not sure if that means anything wrt the FSD button.

Reactions: ahoen117
Correct. I think we're on the same page.

I'm assuming 10.1 goes to the current group of beta testers tonight.

I'm also assuming that either tonight or over the next few days a rollout will happen to those who have paid for FSD/ Subscription to get an update that will add the opt in "button" for the 7 day insurance calculator.