Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
assuming the button does materialize tonight, what does driving safely for 1 week actually mean? on and off driving for 7 days? what if I'm tnot using car for most of the week? Will there be a "le mans" foot race to the cars to log hours and it then be available to the first 10000 drivers only?

I think if you paid for fsd, and you log enough total hours, lets say 2-3 hours per day for a week, and you drive safetly,...then you get full access. period. Unless your driving like a madman, ALL FSD pre paid should have access.

I would hate to be shut out if I fully paid up, but missed the boat because I had other plans this week besides driving like grandpa for seven days

Rob

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
assuming the button does materialize tonight, what does driving safely for 1 week actually mean? on and off driving for 7 days? what if I'm tnot using car for most of the week? Will there be a "le mans" foot race to the cars to log hours and it then be available to the first 10000 drivers only?

I think if you paid for fsd, and you log enough total hours, lets say 2-3 hours per day for a week, and you drive safetly,...then you get full access. period. Unless your driving like a madman, ALL FSD pre paid should have access.

I would hate to be shut out if I fully paid up, but missed the boat because I had other plans this week besides driving like grandpa for seven days

Rob
A rough guess is when you give them permission to look at your driving it won’t specify “the next seven days”.

assuming the button does materialize tonight, what does driving safely for 1 week actually mean?
It means driving continuously for 7 days straight. Being able to drive 7000+ miles with zero sleep is good indication that you have the alertness required to safely use FSD Beta. :p

Seriously, no one knows what it means. It seems likely that only a small number of people will get it and we'll be entertained for weeks trying to figure out the pattern.

A rough guess is when you give them permission to look at your driving it won’t specify “the next seven days”.
It means driving continuously for 7 days straight. Being able to drive 7000+ miles with zero sleep is good indication that you have the alertness required to safely use FSD Beta. :p

Seriously, no one knows what it means. It seems likely that only a small number of people will get it and we'll be entertained for weeks trying to figure out the pattern.

Just like it was clear he meant October 1st/2nd, it's clear he meant it would monitor driving for 7 days (168 hours of seat time). Obviously no other way to make it fair. But it is crazy to suggest that he meant continuously driving.

Last edited:
So how to your propose to make that button or any other change to the software version your on available without an OTA update of some kind? Assuming that is the case is it reasonable to expect that will happen to every FSD owner overnight? That would be great just wondering how realistic that is. That last time I saw something like that happen was when Tesla pushed out an emergency upgrade for the Model 3 brakes firmware in 2018 which I got so yes it could happen.

The button is only being pushed to those with FSD, so what percentage of owners have FSD? I’d imagine they could send it to all USA based FSD owners within a fairly short time frame. ( I have no idea if he’s only planning on sending it to USA based cars)

on a different note how many people who don’t have FSD might be thinking now is the time?
The button will not be a separate firmware update. It’s already baked into the firmware and will be remotely toggled. Just like all the FSD gimmick features that get remotely toggled when you purchase the $10,000 FSD package, there’s no update after that, it just remotely toggles those features on.
Honestly, how do you know? It just started.
I’m on 2021.32.20.1 and I can confirm there is no active button yet.

FAF2_NyXIAMy39X

giphy.gif