Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set forward collision warning to normal or late I guess.
The score is calculated based on the "moderate" setting, regardless of how you have the car preference set. So it may even be better to set the preference to "Early", to give yourself a chance of reacting to the early audible warning before it reaches the moderate trigger level.

Last edited:
I wonder if at some point the safety score can be separately calculated and shown per driver profile, even if the combined score is still what counts for FSD eligibility. It would also be nice if they excluded Track Mode (geofenced to tracks). And I would hope that the AI would eventually be able to recognize situations where the forward collision warning turns out to be a false alarm (as determined by the following few seconds of data), so it doesn't ding the rating in those cases. That happens to me quite a lot, where I get phantom collision warnings when there is nothing in front of me, or where the obstacle is in an adjacent lane and not a collision risk.

I woke-up to see a new firmware was available. Ran some errands, downloaded when I got home, installed, clicked the Accept "Button", and now waiting in the queue.

FSDbeta_button.jpg

Reactions: T-Racer
Thanks, worked for me, although I don't know what viruses I picked up with that unsafe app install. :p Wife got a score of 81 with her first drive.
I saw a tweet from one of the engineers that said driving normally, most people would be above 80. So I'm wondering what rge cutoff will be next week. Been driving like a granny myself today.

I read a few posts that said if one passes the safety test, they will be placed in another wait list. I don’t think that’s the case. I think Tesla is committed this time and because of the safety monitoring, I think drivers who qualify will remain super safe drivers to maintain the FSD beta. If their scores drop down, they probably get a warning and then they are out.

my prediction, very safe driving with FSD beta users and no accidents.

Rob

Tesla was supposed to be bankwupt years ago per TSLAQ and their trolls. ...No profits, demand issues, class-action lawsuits, FSD is fraud, ...etc... Just an endless stream of FUD that evaporates like smoke in a stiff breeze.

What do they say: never bet on a loser? TSLAQ has been batting 0/10E8 or there abouts.

Who knew a button would create so much drama