Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read a few posts that said if one passes the safety test, they will be placed in another wait list. I don’t think that’s the case.
Depends on their rollout plan. If they plan to include only certain # of new drivers a day / week - they will only include those many on that day / week.

I mean there is "always" a queue when it comes to downloading new version of software (i'm assuming people who are included in the beta will be allowed to download the software version that current beta testers have). Just a question of how fast the queue gets fulfilled.

Here is my answer… I’m still in the running. My “forced autopilot disengagement” cost me some points but doesn’t appear fatal:

View attachment 714225
Likely will be a DQ. Have to do much better than that. I would estimate (very roughly) that scores of over 99.9 or so may qualify. There are a lot of people in the queue and it’s not hard to get very close to 100. The only element that is hard at all to avoid completely (unless you have to make an emergency stop through no fault of your own) is the unsafe following (especially in freeway driving - though if you’re using AP you can probably avoid that too since it does not count apparently, haha!) due to people changing lanes into your lane. If you keep that below 5% of the time (very doable), then you end up at a 99.9 score.

Reactions: Terminator857
Is everyone planning to drive each day during the (7 day review period) to ensure they have enough date to be selected to the program?
Or is it better to drive one day - get the score of 100 and then park the car till you get into Beta ?

My guess is - people will ask Musk all these questions and he may answer some ...

Think I will get the beta?
PNG image.png

Likely will be a DQ. Have to do much better than that. I would estimate (very roughly) that scores of over 99.9 or so may qualify. There are a lot of people in the queue and it’s not hard to get very close to 100. The only element that is hard at all to avoid completely (unless you have to make an emergency stop through no fault of your own) is the unsafe following (especially in freeway driving - though if you’re using AP you can probably avoid that too since it does not count apparently, haha!) due to people changing lanes into your lane. If you keep that below 5% of the time (very doable), then you end up at a 99.9 score.
Following too close on AP does count on highway. Trust me. Switched mine to 5 as a result. All better.

Following too close on AP does count on highway. Trust me. Switched mine to 5 as a result. All better.
Ah. I guess the FAQ is just saying there is no bonus (it’s literally not included in the calculation as they say) for using AP. But what happens when in Autopilot does not stay in Autopilot. A little ambiguous.

With that in mind, 1 second isn’t difficult, even in AP, but probably on balance better not to use autopilot since you’ll be better able to anticipate cut-ins and open up space to avoid a violation.

Likely will be a DQ. Have to do much better than that. I would estimate (very roughly) that scores of over 99.9 or so may qualify. There are a lot of people in the queue and it’s not hard to get very close to 100. The only element that is hard at all to avoid completely is the unsafe following (especially in freeway driving - though if you’re using AP you can probably avoid that too since it does not count) due to people changing lanes into your lane. If you keep that below 5% of the time (very doable), then you end up at a 99.9 score.
Yes, am hoping that my tame work commute brings me back up into the "A student" range. Would be fun to have something new (FSD) to play with.

Have to do much better than that. I would estimate (very roughly) that scores of over 99.9 or so may qualify.
That depends on whether they have a total number cap or just want to make sure aggressive drivers are not allowed in.

If they have a hard cap, then, you want to be close to 100. If they want to avoid bad drivers, the cut off is likely lower than 99.9.

Yes, am hoping that my tame work commute brings me back up into the "A student" range. Would be fun to have something new (FSD) to play with.

The issue with AP disengagements is that unlike the other factors, as I understand it, it is averaged over the number of days, so it’s going to be hard to hide that one really well. The best you’ll do over seven days now I guess is 1/7 for the factor there. So the best score you can get with that factor over seven days is 99.4 (assuming perfect on all the other metrics)

That is a sure DQ. (Unless of course they are looking for a score threshold as pointed out above.)

Fortunately AP forced disengagements really do require trying very hard so it should not be an issue in general for people.

Reactions: Country Roads
Super stoked for all you who got the coveted button! Wondering if anyone from Canada has received this honor?

I've only read a tweet and some posts here saying that it won't happen in Canada until later. Wondering if there have been official outlets that have mentioned this. Not getting much from google.

I've updated the car software and clicked the button, it says I'm in the queue, I have the app version 4.1.0-663, yet I don't see the "Safety Score" in the app and there was no special feedback or scoring or visualization when I went for a quick drive. What's up with that?
try logging out and logging bsck in to the app. After i did that, the safety score category appeared for me.

Reactions: ammulder
Yes, and put on the gown and remove your trousers. There may be further discomforts next week

No this is the prostate exam.

Basically when its all said and done the entire purpose of the button was just to get a bunch of people to submit to having their driving examined.

We were told the exam would only last 7 days, but who knows if that will be true.

Insurance companies have been trying for years to get their drivers to submit to this so they must be scratching their heads at how quickly Tesla managed to do it.