Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My four mile round trip drive on surface streets logged 102 FCW on the server!
My car is set to ‘Late’ and I had zero notifications during the drive.
either their detection is terrible or there is a bug somewhere.
fwiw I don’t think there was a single legit warning possible from my drive, I set it to late in 2019 because so many false positives from the hilly curves near my home where parked cars would trigger it. But 102 over four miles seems impossible for even the worst driver.
they appear to be stacking beta software eligibility on top of beta software tracking our driving. But if FSD would of slammed on the brakes 102 times on my drive I don’t want it…

I haven’t done any driving yet since the button but I’m already a bit salty that to get the features I paid $10k for, I have to drive it as if I own a Prius or something. Like who here bought a 400-1000HP car to drive like a grandma? Let’s be serious now.
The performance of your car has nothing to do with the riskiness of your driving. Even with a 1000 hp car, it's not necessary to tailgate, make hard braking, and make hard turns. Those acts are more indicative of your driving choices, not the car you drive.

My four mile round trip drive on surface streets logged 102 FCW on the server!
My car is set to ‘Late’ and I had zero notifications during the drive.
either their detection is terrible or there is a bug somewhere.
fwiw I don’t think there was a single legit warning possible from my drive, I set it to late in 2019 because so many false positives from the hilly curves near my home where parked cars would trigger it. But 102 over four miles seems impossible for even the worst driver.
they appear to be stacking beta software eligibility on top of beta software tracking our driving. But if FSD would of slammed on the brakes 102 times on my drive I don’t want it…
102 is per 1000 miles; not the 4 you did. So if you drove 10 miles and got 1, you would have gotten a 100 in that section. If your car is set to alert you late, it's possible you could have logged one without your knowledge (since it's based on Medium, not late).

The performance of your car has nothing to do with the riskiness of your driving. Even with a 1000 hp car, it's not necessary to tailgate, make hard braking, and make hard turns. Those acts are more indicative of your driving choices, not the car you drive.
Plus, you could take the car to a drag strip and still do runs. There is no part that is affected by positive acceleration, just negative (braking).

Elon said that they are going to tweak it.

It is clear that when full regeneration triggers negative G limit, the calculator is not ready.
Since the Safety monitor is also tagged as "Beta", I'm hoping they'll do something about the hair-trigger threshold for Hard Braking. On a two-mile drive yesterday I was flagged twice, once for stopping for a pedestrian in a crosswalk, and again for stopping at a red light. I was only going about 25 MPH in the first case, and 35 in the second. The threshold is so sensitive as to be meaningless.

The NHTSA requires reporting of crashes which "must have resulted in an injury, fatality, or property damage". This appears different from Tesla's safety reporting style "We also receive a crash alert anytime there is a crash ... we count all crashes in which the crash alert indicated an airbag or other active restraint deployed". Tesla seems to rely on a "crash alert" being sent from the car. The NHTSA requires a report when there is a crash. Some crashes may not result in a "crash alert" being sent from the car.

It's not clear how Tesla will report to the NHTSA when there is no "crash alert" - for example running over someone's foot causing injury (if that meets the NHTSA's criteria of a crash). Same goes for the other manufacturers. Do they have to troll the body shops, local news and police reports for crashes that may not have been reported as Autopilot-related? Or do they not bother to look. How much due diligence do they have to do?

I doubt Tesla will immediately take away FSD Beta for having an accident. That's just more likely to make you bitch about it to the media, IMO.
Tesla clearly has a way to measure collisions that don't result in active restraint deployment. The highest possible safety score (beta) is a predicted collision frequency of 0.68 per 1 million miles which is higher rate than the fleet as a whole. I assume that many Tesla drivers do not have a safety score (beta) of 100.

Be WARNED and CAUTIOUS! Other drivers can screw you!. after having driven over 25 miles no problem, 100% score, coming home from brunch today doing 27 mph in a 30 mph zone in town, a driver suddenly just pulled out from the Trader Joe’s right in front of me and raced away. of course the Tesla thought it was an impending collision and threw the collision alert. Mind you there was no risk of collision, just a lift off and regen braking brought down the speed WELL enough to give the a..h..enough time to get in front and pull away, but the car thinks it was a forward Collision Warning and dropped the Safety Score by 50%.

update: has anyone tried CANCELLING the sign up and resubmitting to reset the Safety Profile data?

Last edited:
Got dinged today for disengaging Autopilot while quickly approaching an intersection who's light had just turned yellow. I didn't want to risk running a red light so braked moderately but got the "Hard Braking" demotion. I think Autopilot would've either driven right through, or braked even later (and harder) than I did. I wouldn't consider either option as "safer" than what I chose.

I guess if you want a perfect 100% score, you have to do what this kid does for a week. Drive in circles :D:eek:

Driving in circles could cause Aggressive Turning force. Hit this road and drive back and forth at <49MPH and I bet you could maintain 100% for weeks.

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 4.44.29 PM.png

Be WARNED and CAUTIOUS! Other drivers can screw you!.

update: has anyone tried CANCELLING the sign up and resubmitting to reset the Safety Profile data?
Just saw this tidbit. Good to know but too late for you. 😒 Reboot before finishing to "cancel" the current trip, apparently.

I have not gotten the safety score on my Apple Tesla app, even after signing out and signing back in. However I got the invitation on 2021.33.22. Will try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.

Attachments

• 65429961460__79FAE690-5046-421A-A9A8-78FF15B49244.jpeg
    65429961460__79FAE690-5046-421A-A9A8-78FF15B49244.jpeg
    684 KB · Views: 31
Got dinged today for disengaging Autopilot while quickly approaching an intersection who's light had just turned yellow. I didn't want to risk running a red light so braked moderately but got the "Hard Braking" demotion. I think Autopilot would've either driven right through, or braked even later (and harder) than I did. I wouldn't consider either option as "safer" than what I chose.

Just run the red. If you have a Plaid it shouldn't be a problem.