Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine went down to 95 today. AP on freeway, and there was accident just minutes earlier and traffic suddenly stopped. As I noticed the stopped cars, I already started braking before AP started to give more time to slow down, but seems it wasn't enough.

Need to make sure to be enough careful in the future to creep it back up before next Saturday.

Mine went down to 95 today. AP on freeway, and there was accident just minutes earlier and traffic suddenly stopped. As I noticed the stopped cars, I already started braking before AP started to give more time to slow down, but seems it wasn't enough.

Need to make sure to be enough careful in the future to creep it back up before next Saturday.
I let AP to handle near stop traffic today and it did really a good job. I did try few times with my foot ready on brake and AP actually did very well.
However, if there is a curve, I didn't have nerves of steel to let AP did its job.
I also set follow distance either 5 or 6.
I think when you on AP, the only score that against you is Forced AP Disengagement.

The concept of a button to request FSD is asinine. I already pressed that button when I checked the box to hand over $10,000.
You may have misunderstood. The button is not for the FSD that you paid $10k for. That's not ready yet. The button is to apply to be a beta tester for the pre-release version. Since this beta version is not working perfectly they need testers who are going to be responsible and be ready to take back control of the car in an instant. Tesla has been singled out and is already being investigated to see if they are at fault when negligent drivers cause accidents while AP was enabled.

The head of the NTSB recently said that Tesla is responsible for the negligence of the drivers because the names "Autopilot" and "Full Self Driving" are misleading. They further said that Tesla should not broaden the release of FSD beta until they make significant improvements in safety. This is a bit of a catch-22 because Tesla needs many more testers in order to improve the safety by doing more neural network training. This training requires massive amounts of real-world data. The current team of 2,000 beta testers is not nearly enough even though they've already given Tesla millions of miles of data. The key point is neural network training requires truly massive amounts of data.

Given this hostile environment, the button is brilliant because it allows Tesla to increase the pool of beta testers and at the same time be responsible and do what they can to avoid misuse leading to accident, injury, and death during testing.

If you want to be a beta tester, fine, press the button and do the safety test. If you don't want to bother then simply wait for the public release. The button should significantly shorten your wait. Tesla is doing everything they can to get the public version of FSD ready as soon as possible without committing corporate suicide. The button is a big part of this. If you think you have an even better way for them to get FSD ready, please chime up. Elon is usually open to good suggestions.

Despite all of the noise about the safety score, it will yield a couple of significant benefits:

1. Comparative data - once FSD beta rolls out, they’ll be able to compare its performance with the fleet averages gathered this week.
2.Marketing - Elon will be able to say FSD beta performs better than the safest drivers in the Tesla fleet.

They should indicate on the display the three second spacing from the car ahead. They could put a red box behind it or something similar.
This is an option on our early 2016 Volt. It is camera-based since we don't have radar (ie. no ACC).
2WEvrjc.jpg

Yeah it finished. Stuck on 60% for the longest time, then jumped to 100% and rebooted.
FSD Beta requested/queued! 🤩

View attachment 713996

Why does this version displayed as "v10.2"? I thought FSD Beta public release was supposed to come out with v. 10.1 tomorrow night?
Or does "v10.2" here refer to something else?
From what I've seen, the beta version has its own numbering system. A month ago, it was in the 9.x range, but your vehicle was still showing this v10.2. This is the firmware version. It is possible that getting FSD firmware would roll your firmware version back to 10.1, but that seems unlikely. You probably can't really see that number except via correlation with the firmware number and Elon tweets. Not sure why someone said something to the effect of "that's the navigation version" in reply to your post when the navigation version is clearly 2020.43 and the v10.2 you asked about is clearly in reference to the 2021.32.22 firmware in this case (10.2 goes back way further than that, see ev-fw.com).

I just drove about 15 miles very carefully. 12 of that was on the highway, and 10 miles on autopilot. When I was driving I was very careful, and had auto pilot set for a 3 second space between vehicles. I rounded curves and bends slowly on my own. I got dinged for aggressive turning and unsafe following. I was never close to anyone on my own. Hopefully we aren't dinged for autopilot lane changes and following. When I drive home I won't use auto pilot and see.

Without defining (or referencing a definition) of "appropriately used" - we don't know when they are ignoring AP events and when they are considering them.
And as discussed elsewhere, the app is less ambiguous and provides no such "appropriate use" caveat to the AP exclusion! It's an enduring mystery as to whether behavior on surface streets is counted. Someone really has to take one for the team and drive a short distance on AP between a couple traffic lights on a downhill, with those the only major slowing events (AP braking for lights should be sufficient to trigger it especially on a hill), and then stop, put the car in park, exit the vehicle, and see whether it was counted. Can't do it myself, haha. :p

1632761244589.jpeg

Reactions: GeoffEV
And as discussed elsewhere, the app is less ambiguous and provides no such "appropriate use" caveat to the AP exclusion!
Could be just trying shorten the text.

This makes the whole situation more ambiguous !

Someone really has to take one for the team and drive a short distance on AP between a couple traffic lights on a downhill, with those the only major slowing events (AP braking for lights should be sufficient to trigger it especially on a hill), and then stop, put the car in park, exit the vehicle, and see whether it was counted.
Planning to do that after I get admitted into the elite club :p

Without defining (or referencing a definition) of "appropriately used" - we don't know when they are ignoring AP events and when they are considering them.
I guess I'm confused because it states this explicitly:

<snip> Driving on Autopilot will not be included in Safety Score calculations, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.