Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official EPA range is 257/250 for X90D/XP90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EPA have now realised the official range of Model X. They have only do it for P90D and 90D witch they have never test on Model S so you can't compere exactly but you get something at least

epa-model-x.jpg

model-s-epa.jpg

BREAKING: EPA Rates Tesla Model X Range - 90D 257 Miles, P90D 250 Miles

If you look at the specs on fueleconomy.gov for the S and the X they list identical passenger and luggage volume numbers. I don't think they have all of the information yet about the X.

OK, I found it. Those are maximum kW numbers for each motor. kW can be converted to hp. XP90D numbers are 193 kW and 375 kW on fueleconomy.gov website. When converted to horsepower that is 259 hp and 503 hp, exactly the same as Tesla's advertised numbers for XP90D. That means we now know X90D horsepower too. Here is a table when kW numbers on fueleconomy website are converted to horsepower.

XP90DX90DSP90DS90D
Front motor259 hp259 hp220 hp188 hp
Rear motor503 hp259 hp469 hp188 hp

fYQuy8D.jpg

cNmnPHv.gif

I'm a little skeptical, but optimistic that the X numbers are right. I'll take performance if it only means 7 mile range loss over non-performance. I was picturing something closer to the S and losing 15+ miles. 7 miles is less than 4 minutes each way on a round trip.

Pretty compelling and illustrative for those times you're talking to an EV skeptic. Yeah, I've got almost 800 horsepower, all of its torque is available at all speed ranges. Oh, and by the way, get almost 90 miles per gallon equivalent.

If this doesn't spell the eventual doom of ICE, I don't know what will.

I'm a little skeptical, but optimistic that the X numbers are right. I'll take performance if it only means 7 mile range loss over non-performance. I was picturing something closer to the S and losing 15+ miles. 7 miles is less than 4 minutes each way on a round trip.

It will probably depend on your driving style. P may be programmed to run like non-performance version when accelerating slowly and acceleration during EPA testing is standardized to 3 miles per second if I recall correctly (that's 0-30 in 10 seconds!).

It will probably depend on your driving style. P may be programmed to run like non-performance version when accelerating slowly and acceleration during EPA testing is standardized to 3 miles per second if I recall correctly (that's 0-30 in 10 seconds!).

Well that's what happened with the Model S 85 and P85. Both had the same range, it depended on how you drive. But with the 85D and P85D that changed since I guess the P motor was an energy hog? In any case, I thought that loss would follow over, but it's also possible that the PX90D is tested with the new torque sleep in place.