Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL FSD BETA SAFETY TEST "I PASSED!" GRADS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I figured I’d follow up my “OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH” thread with....

“OFFICIAL FSD BETA SAFETY TEST "I PASSED" GRADS” thread!

We pressed the button!
We are driving like Grandpa!
How many drivers have we pissed off doing this?
Who gets the first certificate of completion?!!!
Who made it to 100 percent?

And then we can start the “OFFICIAL I'M A FSD BETA TESTER!” thread

LOL!

Rob

Of course, we have 4 more earth days!

Last edited:
Well, I figured I’d follow up my “OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH” thread with....

“OFFICIAL FSD BETA SAFETY TEST "I PASSED" GRADSI” thread!

We pressed the button! , We are driving like Grandpa! How many drivers have we pissed off doing this? Who gets the first certificate of completion?!!! Who made it to 100 percent? And then we can start the “OFFICIAL IM A FSD BETA TESTER” thread

LOL!

Rob

Of course, we have 4 more earth days!
47165A62-C18F-4D19-BE9B-3E7A685F76B3.png

So far so good! I think 99 is good. About 35 miles driven so far. I don’t really drive that far.

of course, you can’t pass the test as it is continuous. But as soon as I get the fsd beta I’ll inform you.

Now let's start a new thread and poll for the new Beta users and see how long their 100s last using the system before they get booted! Kidding, but seriously, we should have a thread/poll for what their scores are. Apparently acting like a grandma and getting 100 miles and 100 score is all that was needed to get this. But once on Beta...what does the Safety Score mean and affect does it have?

Congrats new Beta grads....you earned it. And it costs way less than a 4yr degree.

I would assume the threshold to be kicked out is WAY lower than what it takes to get into the beta. I'm going to guess below an overall score of 60. Musk did say most people would have a long term score of 80, so if you're close to that, you should be good.

We have a Tesla Model 3 and signed up for the Beta about month ago. SO far, our score is 97. I am confused as to how you can improve your score. We just took our first long road trip since we got the car--drove almost 1,000 miles in three days to the Grand Canyon and back. Mainly used the Autopilot, (cruise control)not FSD. Even just the Autopilot was very glitchy--esp. going through construction sites--it would suddenly stop or slow way down. I learned finally that I had to keep my foot ready to press on the accelerator.

Reactions: Terminator857
If you have NOA - use it. It's much better than base AP. It does take a good while to get comfy and smooth riding it. It's a lot like a horse. You have to be in charge, and it will do the trotting for you. Construction sites can confuse anyone. But so what? Are your trips like mostly through construction sites ;-) ?

Your comment about keeping your foot near the accelerator is an example of smart adaptation on your part. Whatever it takes. The object is to get benefit from it, not to grade it. And you will if you work with it.

I've been riding NOA 95% of the time for 3 years. I know that bronco well. Keep a hand on the wheel, be alert, be smart, know when to take over for a bit, and it will handle all the busy work for you. It's great. Not perfect, yet great. I would'nt ever go back to anything less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael_Vinson
As to the safety score you'd want to add days with miles driven in manual without any "sins". Miles in AP or NOA don't count. From 97 you should be getting to 99 soon enough..

But you really REALLY should first get good and very comfy riding freeways NOA with no-confirmation auto lane changes. Otherwise, jumping right into this early beta city streets NOA will not be a happy experience. At all. Trust me. It's very stressful at first. You'll end up hating everything, including Tesla, and kicking dogs on the street.

Last edited:
alright help me to understand the safety score.

im at 99 and just over 100 miles (just opted in thursday). all scores are green save follow too closely. oct 30 i got 40.0 on the follow too closely and didn't drive on oct 31. today i drove for 15 miles and it shows 25.1. i dont understand what all this means. i had NO ONE in front of me ALL the way into the office so did this help the score go down? i dont understand...

so i got questions--

if i use AP as much as I can does this mean the follow too close score wont get back to green? and is the only way to get the follow too close to green is to NOT use AP and drive whilst trying to stay far behind someone?

As I understand only miles driven in manual count. I was dinged down from 100% to 98 by allegedly following too close for 60% of a whole drive (you can see daily figures and separate segments of each day). It's funny because I only drove 1/4 mile in manual and 25 miles in NOA on that drive. And I never follow too close, I'm paranoid. But there it was. Anyway, over the next few good days my sin averaged out and I got to 99%. So just add more miles and days driven safely in manual and your score will creep up.

After getting in the Beta, the whole score section of my Android app disappeared.

Reactions: lUtriaNt