Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to replace your Tesla door handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way more work than I want to do but I'm very glad you show how to do it in case Tesla ever decides not to do it for us (someday way down the road). Hopefully I'll always be able to point to this video and just pay someone to do it for me cheaper than Tesla charges now.

Thanks for all your videos!
My handle opens the door fine but when the handle is inside a slight push should make it come out. That's not working any more. Any idea what sensor that is? It's just one handle. The other three work fine.

My left-rear door handle is now broken and because I'm out of warranty I'm contemplating fixing it myself. The video is fantastic, thank you.My door handle will not extend. Instead, it just makes a growling/grinding noise and stays flush. Can anyone tell me what part(s) I need to procure to fix it? Is this a gear as opposed to the wiring harness?

Reactions: Super Dude
My left-rear door handle is now broken and because I'm out of warranty I'm contemplating fixing it myself. The video is fantastic, thank you.My door handle will not extend. Instead, it just makes a growling/grinding noise and stays flush. Can anyone tell me what part(s) I need to procure to fix it? Is this a gear as opposed to the wiring harness?

I would take it to the Tesla store and ask them to look at that. When I had that issue and they took it out to investigate and it fixed itself. I'm out of warranty and they wanted $600. I politely declined and they put the handle back. When I picked up the car it worked!

Reactions: Rockster