TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

OFFICIAL: I'm the winner of North-America referral program

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by slyastro, Jan 7, 2016.

1. slyastro

slyastro Member

#1 slyastro, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    I got confirmation yesterday from Jon McNeil at Tesla about the referral program ... I was anxiously waiting for that email!

I'm sharing with you how I lived the «competition» ... and right now I'm still wondering if it's a dream!

In Canada with the currency in free fall compared to the U.S. dollar, I just realized that a fully loaded P90DL is worth over 200 000$ CAD! And take note that in Canada, we don't have to pay taxes on revenues for lottery or gains through a contests. I will have to validate if I have to pay for sales taxes ...

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask here or in the blog's comments section.

It's a New Year that I will remember ... I can't wait to get to Model 3 unveiling!

Blog post:

IT'S OFFICIAL WE WIN A LUDICROUS P90D MODEL S

2. phigment

phigment Member

Congrats! Good work! Even though I don't live close to you, I'm looking forward to seeing more Tesla's driving here in Canada!

3. f-stop

f-stop Member

Congratulations!!

fyi there appears to be a typo on your blog post link (missing a colon after http).
    did they make you answer a skill-testing question, like you usually have to in Canada?

4. slyastro

slyastro Member

Thank you!

You're not that far, distance is relative when you own a Tesla! I'm in Florida right now, thanks to my Tesla S85 ... that's the 3rd time that she bring me to the Sunshine State ... for free! :)

5. slyastro

slyastro Member

Thanks!

Corrected the URL, thank you!

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

That's an amazing accomplishment. I'd wager that you "sold" more vehicles in that time period than most any professional car salesperson, especially vehicles at the Tesla's price point. Enjoy your well deserved rewards!

7. anxman

anxman Member

How did you do it? I saw billboards around SF but I was skeptical that those would perform.

8. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Please share your referral experience.

9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Congratulations for all your hard work. Enjoy the new car!

10. slyastro

slyastro Member

Sharing my referral experience? It's going to be a long text! A little busy at the CES right now ... let me 48 hours and I will post it here.

Thanks!