Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official invite to Model 3 reveal sent TODAY to 650 Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that invitations to lottery winners will go out by snail mail instead of email, thus explaining why it's been nothing but crickets and tumble weeds for those of us awaiting the yay/neigh email from tesla? Would seem ridiculous if so, being that they're a tech company...

Don't forget. In Tesla time, March 17 could mean any time up to and including the event. Now, yes, I do drive fast. But living in Santa Cruz, I do need at least 6 hours to get there, with charges...!

I've never won anything before. This would be a sweet thing to win.

Nothing in the email said the invitation would go out today, Thursday. All it said was entries had to be submitted by noon PST yesterday.

Sorry I missed the last line. If you don't receive it today, it could mean it is coming via regular US mail, I doubt it but it is possible. Also it sounds like unlike the last time when you could bring a guest it may be limited to one person and no guest If not then it would only be 325 car owners with their guests.

Got my email about an hour ago -- didn't see it until just now. Never thought it would happen, and now I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. It's the middle of my kids' spring break -- which is both good and bad.

Invites to RSVP have been going out apparently since midnight.

Attachments

• 12841178_10154052028042386_7308987744479330610_o.jpg
    12841178_10154052028042386_7308987744479330610_o.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 220
I guess it's time to make my "elevator pitch".... I'm 8th on the "+1 request" spreadsheet.

Aside from being a longtime Tesla and EV enthusiast, I'm writing a story about the Model 3 reveal for the alt-energy car news website HybridCars.com. I tried getting a media pass from Tesla but no luck.

Help me get in as your +1 guest.

Thanks and congrats on winning the lottery!

Since I haven't yet gotten an invite in my email, just thought I'd make the offer again here that if anyone has a +1 to spare, I'll offer a ride to and from the event in my Roadster in exchange. I live in OC so could also possibly offer a place to stay if you're from out of the area, except it's a bit far from LA (an hour) so not super convenient to the airport/other things in LA.

...I wonder how reservations taken at the reveal will fit into the overall scheme of things...

I watched unveiling video clips of Model S and Model X which indicated that attendees could make their reservations before they would leave.

I wasn't there for each of those so I don't know how it was done in the past.

There are a numbers of computer terminals at each event but i don't think those would be enough for hundreds or thousand of people.

I conclusion, I wonder how it's done too :)