Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official invite to Model 3 reveal sent TODAY to 650 Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still curious if the "650 places at the event for current owners INCLUDING their guests" include the guests in the total. The event said 800 total. So I might assume there were 325 lottery winners + 1 guest each would be the 650. If you take in account no shows and the inability to transfer or sell that ticket if you can't go. This may be a VERY intimate event.

If anyone decides to fly out for this and wants a +1 I'll grab you from the airport, take you to the event, drop you off at your hotel and then grab you from your hotel and drop you off at the airport the next morning.

I'm creepy but it's a socially acceptable, charming sort of creepy. I have no bribes to offer other than my presence and the knowledge that you'll be making a car nerd's day.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Hello lucky lottery winners! I live in San Diego and would love to accompany any of you to the event. I guarantee we will have fun and I will pick up the tab for dinner/drinks etc of any place of your choosing! Congrats again and hope to be able to attend!

Bharat

I live 7 miles away from Hawthorne how come I didn't get the tickets? No wonder the top PR guy lost his job. The strategy distributing the tickets is not horned for best results. How many out of towners would pay air fares and lodging to attend? Even if some would, they don't have their Tesla to bring to event parking lot for a nice S & X exhibition.

The emphasis of my quote should have been on the non-transferrable part.

I understood that. The point is that they've reserved a spot for an owner to attend, not some random person an owner happened to give (or sell) their ticket to. They didn't say that owners would get tickets to do with what they wanted, they said they would give a chance for the owners themselves to attend along with a guest.

• Informative
Reactions: Red Sage and tga
I understood that. The point is that they've reserved a spot for an owner to attend, not some random person an owner happened to give (or sell) their ticket to. They didn't say that owners would get tickets to do with what they wanted, they said they would give a chance for the owners themselves to attend along with a guest.

Yet, they still felt the need to put all of that information in the follow up email. Wonder why, since everyone should have been able to logically deduce it all.

My point was, had that been included up front, it might have avoided some wasted opportunities.

What I find frustrating is that the structure of the invites is such that many (most?) people think of it as a "lottery ticket" that they "might as well" try to get. But Tesla is thinking of it as an RSVP. As such, anybody that won but isn't going has RSVP'd "going" from Tesla's perspective -- and the (metaphorical) seat will be empty. Bad design of invite process, IMO.

I just hope their streaming server and the internet where I'm at are stable.

What I find frustrating is that the structure of the invites is such that many (most?) people think of it as a "lottery ticket" that they "might as well" try to get. But Tesla is thinking of it as an RSVP. As such, anybody that won but isn't going has RSVP'd "going" from Tesla's perspective -- and the (metaphorical) seat will be empty. Bad design of invite process, IMO.

I just hope their streaming server and the internet where I'm at are stable.
Ya and I wonder how responsive the website will be with everyone trying to reserve online?