TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Official Model S CPO or Loaner Purchase Thread

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by viperboy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. viperboy

viperboy Member

Hey guys,

I've seen several different threads about purchasing a loaner or CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Model S. I was hoping to compile users stories, experiences, and whatever they feel comfortable sharing about these purchases. Obviously prices are very supply and demand oriented and will change in time and possibly region of the country. So, what did you get? How was your experience? Were you able to change anything (such as rims and tires)? What kind of warranty was associated.

Hopefully this thread will grow throughout the years to help others purchase from Tesla as CPO.

2. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

3. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

That was quick! I asked Jerome at TESLIVE whether he would consider tweaking the policy to make it tougher to buy a loaner to lock in the inventory and make more loaners available for service. I'll take full credit/blame for this one! :smile:

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Moderator Note: Thread moved to the 'Tesla For Sale' part of the forum. I'll leave it up to the mod of that area to decide if this is the 'official' thread or not.