Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: Model S Service Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I'm not really worried by the changes, but I would like to get the 8 years of roadside assistance I paid for.

It looks like the agreement does not mention the roadside assistance anyway. That must just have been on the web page.

Hopefully they just do the right thing and honor the 8 years. The San Diego Service Center has always gone above and beyond. I hope that continues and other service centers will do that same when traveling.
Understood. I have kept my AAA card since my teenage days, not only because I don't have to go to DMV and deal with those extensive waits for most needs, but also because it's my ultimate back-up given Tesla's somewhat loose (or inconsistent) implementation of towing policies. AAA is a lot more mature, and very clear on their policies and road service implementation no matter where I travel. ;) My best always.

BertL, I'm so glad you saved this! I also bought my plan in October, and it looks like that version does not exclude brake pads, as the current one does, and also does include Wheel Alignment. Good job! I have now saved a copy for "just in case."

I also have always kept my AAA card active. It's always been much more reliable than any of the other car roadside assistance services, other than Ferrari. And those hotel discounts pay for it every year anyway.

BertL, I'm so glad you saved this! I also bought my plan in October, and it looks like that version does not exclude brake pads, as the current one does, and also does include Wheel Alignment. Good job! I have now saved a copy for "just in case."

I also have always kept my AAA card active. It's always been much more reliable than any of the other car roadside assistance services, other than Ferrari. And those hotel discounts pay for it every year anyway.
Yup, always good to keep a copy of documentation one signs. Unfortunately I learned after-the-fact that isn't a priority for how Tesla represents data on My Tesla, and was glad about having my old-timer hard copy backup when the T&C began to evolve. ;) I remain happy I signed-up for both agreements the day I took delivery unlike some owners that elected to take their chances later with possible price and T&C changes. BTW, I went so far as to put a copy of that PDF of my signed agreements and time stamped email confirmation for both agreements on my iPhone and iPod should the need ever arise one day in the heat of the moment.

My best. Our S90's are practically siblings, including Photosync from the same installer -- all within days of one another and we still have not yet met up in person... Here's hoping there is an event in the not so distant future to resolve that little issue!

Reactions: JenniferQ

My understanding is that AAA uses sub contractors for towing, which is a problem for Model S because they are only supposed to be towed via flat bed. Not too many AAA flatness available--or am I incorrect?

My understanding is that AAA uses sub contractors for towing, which is a problem for Model S because they are only supposed to be towed via flat bed. Not too many AAA flatness available--or am I incorrect?

It might depend on the location. When we had to have our Acura towed with AAA, the towing company brought a flatbed without us requesting one. It seems like in this area, most of the towing companies have flat beds. I haven't seen a regular tow truck in a long time. I am sure you could request one when you call AAA, though.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Just to make it clear for me, does the current extended service agreement provide for continued roadside assistance or not?
It appears the current ESA allows you to still call Tesla's number to arrange for a tow, but the cost is NOT included in the ESA and is at the Owner's Expense: "The cost of transporting Your Vehicle is not included in this Vehicle ESA and You are solely responsible for the cost of transporting Your Vehicle to the Tesla Authorized Service Center." FWIW, the former ESA and Service Plan which I have, as well as the current 2-8-2016 Service Plan have similar towing exclusions.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
I am in the process of purchasing my second tesla and I was just informed by the dealership that the extended warranty (which was purchased in 2013) is now not transferable to the new owner. I am trying to fight this. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am in the process of purchasing my second tesla and I was just informed by the dealership that the extended warranty (which was purchased in 2013) is now not transferable to the new owner. I am trying to fight this. Has anyone else had this problem?
There is no dealership of course assuming you are dealing with Tesla. I suggest you pull out a copy of the agreement you signed and show either your Tesla Store or the Tesla employee you are dealing with the transferability clause. You must follow a process, but unlike the terms which were changed in recent months as discussed so much in threads here on TMC, you are allowed to transfer the remaining contract -- in other words, you are bound by the terms when you signed, not by what Tesla has subsequently changed the terms for more recent purchasers to be. Good luck.

Reactions: neroden
Yowch, I was experiencing wobble while driving, turns out I had a damaged (not visible) 21" Turbine rim... was just quoted $1877.04 (tax included) to replace the rim/tire/labor... AGH... I was not offered at the time of lease any wheel protection insurance, so BE WARNED!

Yowch, I was experiencing wobble while driving, turns out I had a damaged (not visible) 21" Turbine rim... was just quoted $1877.04 (tax included) to replace the rim/tire/labor... AGH... I was not offered at the time of lease any wheel protection insurance, so BE WARNED!

Well, so the good news is, came from a pothole and can be covered under my car insurance comprehensive policy. Whew!

I recently went out to Dublin SC and they quoted me $550 for the 12,500 service but online it' showing $400, am I missing something there? Also I'm at 66k almost and they recommend going with the 12,500 because the plans start all over. Just curious if they find something wrong will they fix it automatically or will I have to pay $200 deductible from extended warranty?

I did not purchase the service plan when I bought my Model S. I had my first annual service today and was charged $600 (plus an additional $180 for alignment, which I was expecting) instead of the $400 quoted on the Tesla site. I showed the service adviser the pricing on the Tesla Service Plan page and he claimed to be surprised, saying his internal system still quoted $600. Since the web site changed back in February, seems hard to blame a communication delay.

I will be contacting Tesla corporate to request an explanation. Given the price quoted to 209California, I could speculate about confusion in the field, but I am going to try to get some facts.

I spoke with Tesla and confirmed that the posted prices of $400 for year 1 and 3, $700 for year 2 and $900 for year 4 "have just gone into effect." Not sure how much I believe that last bit, given the new prices were posted at the end of February. In any case, I am getting a refund of $200.

Morale: it pays to hang out on TMC. You'll be better informed than Tesla's own field staff. Sad but true.

I spoke with Tesla and confirmed that the posted prices of $400 for year 1 and 3, $700 for year 2 and $900 for year 4 "have just gone into effect." Not sure how much I believe that last bit, given the new prices were posted at the end of February. In any case, I am getting a refund of $200.

Morale: it pays to hang out on TMC. You'll be better informed than Tesla's own field staff. Sad but true.
I've definitely been misinformed by staff at Tesla, several times.
Once regarding local Superchargers that were allegedly going to be installed, once about how to get the car through a chain pull car wash and once regarding the $7,500 federal tax credit on all future model 3s . When they don't know a factual answer it would be best not to tell a fictional answer.

Reactions: neroden
I've definitely been misinformed by staff at Tesla, several times.
Once regarding local Superchargers that were allegedly going to be installed, once about how to get the car through a chain pull car wash and once regarding the $7,500 federal tax credit on all future model 3s . When they don't know a factual answer it would be best not to tell a fictional answer.

Just out of curiosity, what'd they say about the chain pull car wash?

How many owners in a LEASE opted for this service plan, as my SC rep said its not required? Or is it required by Tesla, just not required to buy it up front.... ?

This is a good question... been considering the 3 year option as a soon to be lease owner myself. Saves a bit of money vs paying in the future... but at the same time, do I have to do the 3rd year maintenance if I'm turning the vehicle at the same time? This is assuming I don't hit the mileage prior needed for the 3rd maintenance prior to the lease ending.