TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Official: Model S Service Plans

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bonnie, Mar 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TapHabit

TapHabit Member

Just bought a CPO p85d with the same deals.

2. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

I'm surprised to still see the mcu be that expensive. The cabin heater is definitely a surprise.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Your prepaid expires some period after new purchase. At least that what I was told. It was there until 6 months or 3, I forget.

4. MikeScarne

MikeScarne Member

6 year battery? My CPO 2015 S 70D included an 8 year battery/drive train warranty. ???

5. SF_EVFAN

SF_EVFAN Member

Interesting , my MS 2016 90D CPO has only 6 years infinite miles battery and drive warranty. I was looking at used MS listings at Tesla site today but couldn't find anything with 8 years of battery life and drive warranty.

Consider your self lucky :)

upload_2019-3-10_15-13-14.png

• Informative x 1
  6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Tesla plays fast and loose with that in the listings. It's always 8 years from original delivery date. So say if a 2016 car was delivered in early 2017, add eight years = 2025, minus 2019 = "6 years". Either that, or they're rounding up 5.5 actual remaining years to 6.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. MikeScarne

MikeScarne Member

Where do you find the page that shows a 6-year warranty? The results I'm finding are stating: "This Model S receives a full inspection, remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 miles pre-owned limited warranty with 24 hour roadside assistance."

You would get the original 8-year warranty (from delivery date of original owner). You're just using Tesla's CPO website, right?

8. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yeah, look on Tesla's used inventory site for any car 2015 or newer.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

...and click on the detail listings button (looks like this: upload_2019-3-11_0-47-24.png )

• Like x 1
  9. MikeScarne

MikeScarne Member

Gotcha. Interesting you get more details that way than clicking on the actual result. Having said that, the quick search I did seems to indicate they're specifying how many years are left from the original 8-year warranty. So, 6-years would indicate a 2017 vehicle. I found one that was a 2015 S60 with a 4-year 83,000 battery warranty. Maybe 2015 is when they began offering infinite mile warranties? I'm not a Tesla historian, so I'm sure someone can easily correct me.

10. Jatt

Jatt Member

I have the same question as you, I really hope it is for 4yr/50K the its worth the $900 for 21" wheels. Otherwise for 12500 miles it might not be a good deal.