I also purchased the 4 year ESA and need to decide if I want to replace my MCU1 under warranty for $200 or upgrade to MCU2 for $2,500.
There is some discussion on TMC that the MCU2 upgrade cost under warranty may be reduced to $1,750.
If MCU1 fails under warranty, can MCU2 be negotiated cheaper?
Data point--I have a service request since 6/29 for an MCU1 replacement (REMAN part). Part has been back ordered and I am hoping that it will come in to my Dublin CA Service Center (just up the road fro Fremont) by Mon. 8/11 (the now re-re-scheduled service appointment). So be prepared for a major wait for the MCU1 replacement.