Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: Model S Service Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The $2,500 Extended Service plan did not show up on my page, so I emailed Tesla. They called today - it is a WA state thing, but they plan to offer it in WA after they get the wording acceptable. Phone call on Saturday? Maybe I'll have to temper my criticism of their customer communications, but I still have not been notified by email that any plans are now available.

The $2,500 Extended Service plan did not show up on my page, so I emailed Tesla. They called today - it is a WA state thing, but they plan to offer it in WA after they get the wording acceptable. Phone call on Saturday? Maybe I'll have to temper my criticism of their customer communications, but I still have not been notified by email that any plans are now available.

Look at this way: FL & WA get longer to think about it. The countdown starts when you receive your email.

sounds like a no-brainer to me! I just signed up for the $900 Tire/Wheel plan. Thats 4 years of free tires (from road hazards of course....)! These tires are $200 a pop at the cheapest for 21" tires. thats 4.5 tires to break even. I would say going through 1 tire a year is certainly possible (and for unlucky types probably very common!). Wheel/rim damage would obviously pay for itself god forbid you shattered a rim.

It also seems obvious that if you are going for the 4 year ANYWHERE plan you should just get it and worry about the extended service LATER. It clearly states you can buy the extended service later (AS LONG AS PURCHASED 30 DAYS PRIOR TO 4 YEAR WARRANTY EXPIRATION.....JUST DON'T FORGET TO DO IT I GUESS! Although i imagine they'd send out a reminder email). Buying the extended 8 year 100k plan up front only saves you $100 which i don't think is worth it!

My only dilemma is that i live near a service center and don't think i need the ranger service. I want to get the standard 4 yr plan which is $1900. They extended plan is another $2500. Total purchased separate = $4400. If you buy it up front its $3800 which is a $600 savings!!!

I clicked on the damn link and so now i have 39 days to decide.......decisions, decisions....

I feel like the 8 years/100k would be great b/c i'm not sure the brakes will be worn out before the 4 yr/50k mark. Brembo brakes the same size cost about $1000. So in that respect the $3800 doesn't sound too bad.

I do wish all maintenance was covered though like it was for my BMW. I loved not having to worry about anything! (I purchased the $1000 tire warranty for my BMW too and literally never spent any money on the car (other than my car payment.....and gas......).

Stupid question: If I sell the car, does the service plan go with it? So, if yes, I assume that if I buy the 4+4 it increases the value of my car?

The details say you have to pay $100 to transfer it. I suppose that's $100 for each plan, given Tesla's nickel and dime pricing, although it doesn't specifically say.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to buying a year at a time? Am I forced to buy 4 years up front now?

You can still pay as you go. The plans were always four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Buying the extended 8 year 100k plan up front only saves you $100 which i don't think is worth it!

Except that nowhere does it say you will be able to purchase the additional four years later.

The extended warranty is for the rest of the car so might be worth it if you plan to keep the car for 8 years.

But it's really confusing. It indicates that the coverage is only good up to 50,000 miles, and it doesn't really state which warranty the 30 days applies to. I had originally thought that it was covering 50,000-100,000 miles but the wording doesn't make it appear that way.

The language is dizzying to say the least.

For digitaltim, the extended warranty says specifically that it doesn't cover the battery.

What I don't understand is the deductible. I could imagine a lot of defective items costing <$200. But, I guess that's part of the nickel and dime strategy.

Second bullet: installation of parts by someone other than a Tesla sanctioned facility. Does this mean that if I rotate my tires or have new tires installed at a my local shop that could potentially void the warranty?

Upholstery: not covered.

Also, under other things not covered: battery. 12V? Under what circumstances?

Sent via Tapatalk.

But it's really confusing. It indicates that the coverage is only good up to 50,000 miles, and it doesn't really state which warranty the 30 days applies to. I had originally thought that it was covering 50,000-100,000 miles but the wording doesn't make it appear that way.

The way I interpreted it was that it was an additional 4y or an additional 50000 miles.

So, I'm likely to hit 4y before 50k miles. Mine will be good for 8y.

I can imagine a number of scenarios: You hit 50k miles 3y into your first warranty, but your habits change and the extended warranty kicks in and you're good for 4y because you didn't drive as much. Etc. Perhaps it takes you 5y to hit 100000 miles...who knows.

Sent via Tapatalk.

I'm still at the point of determining whether to get the extended warranty.

I know for a fact that I will hit 4 years before 50000 miles. I've never had an extended warranty, and I've never owned a car more than 5y at the same time.

Over 4y I can see what problems I have as well as what problems others have.

So, my questions ultimately are: can I buy this extended warranty 3y from now, and will the cost be substantially different?

As the extended warranty states, there is a $200 deductible. Is there such a thing on our base warranty?

Sent via Tapatalk.

Beavis- I talked with my service manager at length about the wheel/tire plan. He said that we do NOT have to buy our tires from Tesla under the plan. But we will need to buy Tesla "approved" brands/model tires in order not to invalidate the plan. One question I asked he had no answer for. How does the plan work for all of us with 21" wheels that bought an extra set of Tesla 19" wheels/tires for winter driving. If we buy the $900 plan does it cover whichever wheels/tires we are using based upon the season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

I'm still at the point of determining whether to get the extended warranty.

This is where I am at as well. The key piece of language that I see is that I can ADD the extended warrantee up to any time before 30 days after my existing warrantee ends. Given the time value of money, I think I'll just wait a year or two and see what the thinking is with regard to extended warrantee. No need to rush into that portion.

So, I'm going with 4+4/ranger...and I'll hold off on the extended for a while.