Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Model Y Wheel Thread?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, is there another thread on Model Y wheels?

Obviously, from what we see on the ordering site, the standard Aero Wheels in 18 and the Model 3's 19 Sport Wheels are available now... but from all the spy shots of the Model Y, does anyone have any of the pictures and/or screenshots of the different types wheels we have been seeing on the test mules of late?

Are there other links to stories which have mentioned a possible expansion of the available wheels for the US Market that I have missed?

I wondering if we think or know if the Y will have more or additional wheel options available by the time they start making them in summer 2020 or if they might add additional wheel options deeper into production?

It would be nice if those who are more tech-savvy than I could put together a collage of all the different wheels we've seen on the Model Y Mules over the last months.

• Helpful
Reactions: Watts_Up
Ok, as I said, there are probably more tech-savvy folks who could have done this better, but I uploaded a PDF of types of Model Y Wheels we've seen so far. I may not have gotten all of them so don't get all mad and Tesla-Righteous but with this document and its pictures, along with any articles detailing wheels and possible future wheel options for the US Market, I think this is a good start.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Model Y Wheels Doc 2.pdf
    313.1 KB · Views: 150
upload_2019-11-4_13-32-0.png

And then there's this just from today on Electrek and Teslarati... with the Wind Turbine Wheels...

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-4_13-31-26.png
    upload_2019-11-4_13-31-26.png
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • Love
Reactions: KRG21
I ordered a Model Y with the standard 18" wheels under the assumption that I would upgrade myself to 20" /black finish (via third party tuner). Question is...do you all think 22" (as can be found with model x) will look out of place/too big for a model Y? also, does anyone know of any market/site, etc for brand new/un-used standard wheels (tires and/or rims) from people who have purchased 3, S, X and have done the same?

F4A2DEE4-B3C9-4310-B692-B8FB25858EFB.jpeg
The Y is a pretty big vehicle, I think it would look good with 22’s

I believe the Y looks best in black, darkened trim (now std), tint, lowered, on 22” bright wheels!
Here’s my PS remake, subtle, clean, classic... it’s the way I’m building mine once I take delivery of my Performance Y on order.

PS: I am not a fan of the all black wheel... too Batmobilie for me. I ‘d prefer a black wheel with a polished lip, or all polished, or silver as seen over an all black wheel. Have you ever curbed an all black wheel? Not very attractive IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dare
My 19 Sport got changed to the Gemini. But I'm not a big fan, so I switched to 20 Induction.. they look pretty badass.
Did you change it yourself like me and dealing with the price increase? Apparently if you waited those 19" sports wheel will get changed into induction by tesla themselves while keeping the same price as when you locked in your order. My model Y is now $1490 more cause i didnt wait.

• Love
Reactions: teslasguy
I'm curious if they will still have the same wheel specs as the 3. I would still prefer 18" wheels on the Y as I prefer more sidewall on "SUVs". Assuming same wheel specs and brakes from the 3, then can find plenty of 18" options for the car.

Did you change it yourself like me and dealing with the price increase? Apparently if you waited those 19" sports wheel will get changed into induction by tesla themselves while keeping the same price as when you locked in your order. My model Y is now $1490 more cause i didnt wait.
Kobicue, try clicking edit on your order but then making no changes and then click save. I think that might fix your price hike.

Sport wheels got switched automatically to Gemini, but I manually changed them to Induction. My total went up $1,740. o_O

• Love
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Just seen those Gemini wheels for the first time. At least on the picture on the configuration page they look absolutely hideous. Would be interesting to see what is under these wheel covers? The Aeros might not be the most beautiful but I still prefer them over the Geminis. And why no more 18"? :( Just makes the tires more expensive and the ride worse. I was so looking forward to ordering a Y, now I am sitting on the fence again :(

I had the 19' originally on my Y pre-order. After the news broke I looked at my pre-order page and saw the price dropped $1500 which I expected and was glad to see. Then I went back a short time later to show a friend and saw it was switched to the 20" and I didnt want those because of the range difference so i switched it back to the 19' Gemini. Then I got a change order confirmation email and saw the original price drop was cut to $600 instead of the $1500. I'm not happy to say the least...