Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official NEMA 14-30 adapter now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA regarding safety with the NEMA 14-30 adapter:

If you order one, make sure it is able to probably "click" and lock into your connector. I ordered one from the website and due to a manufacturing defect that caused a piece of plastic to protrude from the locking stub on the adapter, it was not able to lock into the cable connector. I was able to easily pull the adapter off the connector even without pushing the button.

This could pose a safety hazard if you are trying to unplug the entire thing from the wall socket and only the cable comes out but adapter stays in the outlet.

I went to Fremont service to exchange it, and guess what, they found more adapters in their stock with the same issue. They finally found a good one, and said will follow up with manufacturing to see what's going on with the defect.

So anyway, if you buy one, make sure it locks!

• Informative
Reactions: qadaemon
PSA regarding safety with the NEMA 14-30 adapter:

If you order one, make sure it is able to probably "click" and lock into your connector. I ordered one from the website and due to a manufacturing defect that caused a piece of plastic to protrude from the locking stub on the adapter, it was not able to lock into the cable connector. I was able to easily pull the adapter off the connector even without pushing the button.

This could pose a safety hazard if you are trying to unplug the entire thing from the wall socket and only the cable comes out but adapter stays in the outlet.

I went to Fremont service to exchange it, and guess what, they found more adapters in their stock with the same issue. They finally found a good one, and said will follow up with manufacturing to see what's going on with the defect.

So anyway, if you buy one, make sure it locks!

Thanks for the info; maybe that's why mine hasn't even shipped yet.