Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Picture thread for bagged Model 3's. Show us your frunks and trunks!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I did use the search function but didn't find a single thread where the air suspension guys can post up pictures of their completed rides.

I was very impressed by the bags to be honest and this is someone who always migrates to a high quality coilover suspension system. More on that later.

First car shown is my buddy @ook_bet on IG. Check him out.

UAS + Airlift 3H
MPP FUCA, FLCA bearings, Compression Rod Bearings, and Rear Camber Arm
BC Forged MLE81 19x10.5 with 265's squared up.
PC P3D BC UAS-14.jpg

PC P3D BC UAS-21.jpg

Last edited:
They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrollin tryin catch me ridin bagged

Eyein to see if they can see my ride lean
Tank in the frunk so it ain't easy to be seen
When you see me ride by they can see the gleam
And my shine on the deck and the Tesla screen

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808
They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrollin tryin catch me ridin bagged

Eyein to see if they can see my ride lean
Tank in the frunk so it ain't easy to be seen
When you see me ride by they can see the gleam
And my shine on the deck and the Tesla screen
These cars will surprise you but thanks for the very creative rap. The green model 3 above is closing in on the 2 minute mark at Buttonwillow CW13. I believe his PB was 2:01 last I checked and can easily go sub2 based on what his data shows. These cars also ride far better than factory. They have all upgraded their fucas and both front LCA bearings. No corners were cut. I can only hope that everyone can respect each other in this world and provide meaningful contribution. I was already warned that TMC members will say mean things about bagged vehicles but I have faith. These owners all come from pretty deep backgrounds in I.C.E. mods and racing. They are not oblivious to mods or how to setup their cars to both function and look good.

Reactions: frisko1_
These cars will surprise you but thanks for the very creative rap. The green model 3 above is closing in on the 2 minute mark at Buttonwillow CW13. I believe his PB was 2:01 last I checked and can easily go sub2 based on what his data shows. These cars also ride far better than factory. They have all upgraded their fucas and both front LCA bearings. No corners were cut. I can only hope that everyone can respect each other in this world and provide meaningful contribution. I was already warned that TMC members will say mean things about bagged vehicles but I have faith. These owners all come from pretty deep backgrounds in I.C.E. mods and racing. They are not oblivious to mods or how to setup their cars to both function and look good.
My comment was meant as light-hearted fun. Something about the air tanks hidden in Tesla frunks made me think of it.

If you dig deep enough there's a video with me on YouTube set to that same song. I'm not using it to put anyone down. (No I'm not actually rapping or lipsyncing it or anything like that! 😃)

Reactions: DocHolliday
Btw @P3D-R I'm well aware of the benefits of a good air setup. My other car has a factory air suspension. I paid extra for it because it rode and handled better than the coil springs, I tested both versions back-to-back on the same roads.

I've since driven a decent number of other air sprung cars. Pretty much all of them rode really well, and a few of them also had darn good handling at the same time (when the automaker cared to tune for that). I'm well aware that air springs aren't just for show. 👍

(I assume there are some air bag setups that are basically just for show, but we all know that's true of coil springs / coilovers too. And that's fine if show is what you're after.)

Last edited:
Reactions: P3D-R
Question fellas: it seems like the majority of Tesla owners use their frunk to install their tanks and compressors. Is there any reason why no one uses rear hidden trunk? I’m assuming it’s due to noise but I use the front a lot when I go surfing and have wet clothes as well as groceries so I’d like to do it in the lower trunk. also, should there be any issue with the Tesla? Don’t the mechanics take out the Frank tub first? To access the battery and stuff? Thoughts? Is the install harder?

Hey guys,
Quick question.

What are you guys paying in regards to labor costs to install these kits?

I’ve been getting quoted about 1000-1300 for labor and a 2-5 day turnaround.

I then contacted unplugged Performance since they were very familiar with air ride, and they quoted me $8000-$12000 for labor to install an airlift kit on my model y. I doubt this is normal or is that what you guys are paying?

Reactions: lvl2EV
I paid about $2600 for my install. Was given the option to setup in the frunk or lower trunk compartment for the same price. Decided on the frunk. I've seen a couple guys get setup in the rear trunk compartment so that shouldn't be a problem. Turn around was 4 days. $8k-$12k is just ridiculous at UP.

Reactions: jpy1980
I paid about $2600 for my install. Was given the option to setup in the frunk or lower trunk compartment for the same price. Decided on the frunk. I've seen a couple guys get setup in the rear trunk compartment so that shouldn't be a problem. Turn around was 4 days. $8k-$12k is just ridiculous at UP.
Yea seriously not sure what they are smoking. I’d pay $2600 for a meticulous and well installed job, but $8 to 12k, nah. That did say their labor rate was $245/hour but even at that rate for a full 5 days is about $9800 if they worked on it constantly. Maybe they misplaced decimal point but I literally gasped when he said that and he said yes it was a lot but that’s the cost of building my dream car. I’m like dude, this is my Dadmobile where my kids throw bananas at each other. I just want the option to drive low and when my wife hops in, to lift it up.

I’ll probably just go coils :(

• Funny
Reactions: gyzmodo
Yea seriously not sure what they are smoking. I’d pay $2600 for a meticulous and well installed job, but $8 to 12k, nah. That did say their labor rate was $245/hour but even at that rate for a full 5 days is about $9800 if they worked on it constantly. Maybe they misplaced decimal point but I literally gasped when he said that and he said yes it was a lot but that’s the cost of building my dream car. I’m like dude, this is my Dadmobile where my kids throw bananas at each other. I just want the option to drive low and when my wife hops in, to lift it up.

I’ll probably just go coils :(
You should come to NorCal. There's a special way I do Model Y's plus all the stuff is in stock. It does add up if you want it done right. You'll need to account for the costs of the products also. 3H is really needed on UAS stuff. If you go with airlift that uses bellows you can get away with just doing a pressure based setup but doing "H" really is the best way.
JQ TMYP UAS (2 of 4).jpg
JQ TMYP UAS (1 of 4).jpg

You should come to NorCal. There's a special way I do Model Y's plus all the stuff is in stock. It does add up if you want it done right. You'll need to account for the costs of the products also. 3H is really needed on UAS stuff. If you go with airlift that uses bellows you can get away with just doing a pressure based setup but doing "H" really is the best way.
View attachment 862890View attachment 862891
That does look pretty sweet! I would if I could, especially since I went to college up there (go CAL!), but with two kids its hard to get all that done. It seems like all the good shops are far from LA. haha.