Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: Roadster Extended Service Announced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PEM just failed, I'm upgrading it because Tesla at Fremont said its a lot less likely to fail. It's going to cost just under $1600.

You might be confusing the PEM with the PEM fan. The original 2.x fan failed more than once a year on my car. The new one is much more reliable and if you move to a snowy climate, they will replace it free.

- - - Updated - - -

While talking with the Tesla service rep there was a large bang in front of the service center. ...

So sad.

You might be confusing the PEM with the PEM fan. The original 2.x fan failed more than once a year on my car. The new one is much more reliable and if you move to a snowy climate, they will replace it free.

Yes, to be honest I don't know what the PEM is or what it does. Unfortunately, I do not live in a snowy climate, just middle of the road California temperatures. This one is definitely out of pocket.

Well I purchased the battery extended warranty for 2 years. I figure I could self insure for the other parts on the car but at $25,000+ for a battery replacement that is just too much for me to handle. With that one spat of sheet voltage errors and my battery on the low side (CAC 144) I figured it is worth the peace of mind. Another currious fact is that after purchasing the warranty my CAC increased from 143 to 144. So the warranty is working. :)

One month after purchasing the 3 year extended warranty, my emergency brake cable snapped...I feel good about the purchase.

I understand but a brake cable is a repair I can make. And being 300 miles from the nearest service center it is not easy to schedule a ranger visit. I just wish they would release the shop manual for purchase like for every other car I have owned.

So my car ran out of the guarantee and at the last day I was able to take a guarantee prolongation it gave me an error of the ABS, the traction control and the recuperation system. So of course I took a two year prolongation warranty. At the same time when they were servicing my car they made some measurements of the battery pack and noticed some higher values. Those higher values indicate that some sensors are getting loose. This can cause the battery to become defective, so I tokk a one year battery prolongation, too....

It was a loose wire which broke and a defective sensor.
And now it was decided that they will do a battery exchange.
I am happy with my guarantee prolongation.