Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery and Fitment Q&A Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SignatureWheel

Global Vendor
Dec 18, 2018
San Jose, CA
30834244576_b85c619762_n.jpg

This is the official Signature Wheel Gallery and Fitment Q&A Thread for the Model Y. We will showcase our wheels in this thread and openly help you figure out the best wheel/tire setup for your vehicle. It doesn't matter if you're interested in Signature or not, we will use our team of engineers to help you ensure you'll have the perfect fitment. At Signature, we believe in sharing our knowledge and making the car community a better place. We publicly disclosed proven fitments/offsets/tire sizes on our website and the list will grow as we test fit more vehicles.

594C8A67-16B1-4E7D-BE3B-A8CCDAFAC28D.jpeg

The Problems

Size/Fitment:
Tesla Model Y OEM wheels are available in 19x9.5 ET45, 20x9.5 ET45, 21x9.5 ET40 and 21x10.5 ET48 . They sit sunken inside the fender lines with the factory fitment and doesn’t allow for much wider tires. One solution to solve the fitment on the OEM wheels is to purchase spacers, which adds more stress to the hub and lug bolts. Some spacers aren’t hub centric and this causes vibration at speed.

Tire protection: The OEM width is 9.5J, and OEM size tire is 255. With this combination, the wheel is sticking out pass the tire which make it no tire protection against curb

Weight: The 21" Tesla Model Y Überturbine Wheel weight over 38lb each

Material: Tesla OEM wheels are cast (fancy word is rotary formed); it is the most cost-effective way to make a wheel but it isn’t the strongest or the lightest approach. Additionally, cast and spun barrel wheels cannot be repaired in most cases if they’re ever bent by road hazards.

LINK: The Hidden Truth of Rotary Forged Alloy Wheels – Auto-Fanatic

Limited options or long wait time:
When choosing aftermarket wheels for the Tesla Model 3, your choices are limited to purchasing off the shelf wheels with limited fitment (most requiring hub centric rings and special spacers if you have a Performance model), waiting months for a manufacturer to fulfill a group buy, or purchasing from a custom wheel company that could take 2-5 months to deliver. If you ended choosing a wheel that takes months to ship, what happens if you damage one wheel and in a rush of a replacement?

Why Signature?

Size/Fitment:
Each set of Signature wheels is made specifically to the owner’s needs, including suspension / brakes / tires setup. As stated above, we bought a Tesla 3 for our Main office to conduct measurements and performance testing. Every set of Signature wheels must look and perform to perfection.

Weight: Our 19” setup weighs 19.4LB each, 20” weighs 20.1 each, and 21” weigh 24LB each. Each pound of unsprung weight is equivalent to 4 pounds of static weight. That means converting from OEM 21” 38LB to Signature 19” 19.4LB is LB of 74.4 unsprung weight savings or 297.6LB of static weight removed from your vehicle.

wZmyydX.jpg

yKh54Xw.jpg

Material: We only offer motorsport grade fully forged 6061-T6 forged wheels. We use Finite Element Analysis during the design and engineering phase of the wheel to ensure reductions in weight do not sacrifice wheel strength or stiffness. Our wheel forging pressures, CNC programming specifications, and baking temperatures are specific to Signature to ensure we deliver only the highest quality fully forged wheels.

XUVLekC.jpg

dTnrTNA.jpg

weYAWJv.jpg

5gpb8dv.jpg

Our recent customer surveys show 41% of our customers take their vehicles to the track at least once a year. Our customers also include motorsport racing teams such as the Lotus Cup USA team and racing schools such as Ford Performance Racing School.

Unlimited guaranteed fitment options and short wait: We can configure the wheels in any width and size you please, our engineers personally verify every fitment prior to production. We’ll advise you the best offset and tire setup. All wheels take 4 weeks to build and 1 week to arrive; there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. We keep our promises; that’s why we have a fan base of loyal customers who keep coming back to us. Just look up #signaturenation to see all the photos and comments about our product.

Bonus Important features to Tesla Model Y Owners: We do offer OEM-sized center cap bores to fit OEM Tesla wheel caps and our 18” setup clears the Performance brakes.

669FA5CB-7229-464A-AA7E-FCB10900FC2C.jpeg

Who are we? Signature is founded by a group of car enthusiasts who spent years of modding and racing our personal vehicles. Signature wheels are designed in California and manufactured by one of the top forged wheel manufacturers in the world. We have 50 CNC machines allocated, same factory quality coatings, and a team of engineers to ensure there's no delay on deliveries.

We believe in designs that are durable, light, and timeless. We believe in VIP service for all customers. We believe in keeping promises, no matter how small. We believe in sharing our knowledge with the automotive industry. Our vision is called the “Signature Way!”

JWL/VIA CERTIFIED
HUB CENTRIC
ACCEPT OEM LUG BOLTS AND NUTS
OEM TPMS COMPATIBLE
MAX BRAKE CLEARANCE
OPTIONAL OEM CAPS BORE

Our 2-Piece wheels are available with hidden or exposed hardware. If exposed, you can choose the hardware colors in Black, Raw Aluminum, Gold, or Blue Titanium. Additional options include center-lock and anti-slip bead knurling tread.

i1Tesla Signature Wheel Review

SV503 Triple Black Tinted 21x9 staggered offset

✔ Fully Forged
✔24.0lb each
✔9J on 255/35/21 = more tire protection
✔ Rotatable setup
✔ OEM fitment

AA6B94B5-4203-4D20-A8AB-4F34D08BA30D.jpeg

Click here for:
Signature Wheel Tesla Exclusive Gallery

Go ahead, ask us wheel and tire fitment questions... :)

Last edited:
I'm very interested in your SV503 wheels for my Y. I think the Y has really large wheel wells, so I think it looks better with the larger wheels (e.g. 21"), but I also want higher side walls since it is a UV, and I'll likely take it on a few dirt/gravel roads. So I'm trying to decide between the 20" and 21", but I want as large of a side wall as possible.

Also I would like it to be a full square setup (to rotate more easily), same width as the i1Tesla via (I also prefer the tire to sit beyond the wheel).

Lastly, my Y will be white, are the SV503 finishes available with a silver face, but black background? Similar to the wheels here: 76776532_1429600373854249_2698068394871095296_n.jpg
Any pictures of the SV503 in this finish?

Thanks for any info.

I'm very interested in your SV503 wheels for my Y. I think the Y has really large wheel wells, so I think it looks better with the larger wheels (e.g. 21"), but I also want higher side walls since it is a UV, and I'll likely take it on a few dirt/gravel roads. So I'm trying to decide between the 20" and 21", but I want as large of a side wall as possible.

Also I would like it to be a full square setup (to rotate more easily), same width as the i1Tesla via (I also prefer the tire to sit beyond the wheel).

Lastly, my Y will be white, are the SV503 finishes available with a silver face, but black background? Similar to the wheels here: 76776532_1429600373854249_2698068394871095296_n.jpg
Any pictures of the SV503 in this finish?

Thanks for any info.

There's space for taller tire. 245/40/21 will clear the spindle. This will give you the same amount of sidewall as stock 20" tire.

Fitment (Using 255 tire)
21x9 square will be the stock look fitment.

We can also build the wheels in 8.5J if you prefer even more tire protection.

Silver face is our diamond cut option. We can do diamond cut on all designs including SV503. Below is an example of SV104 in Gloss Black with diamond cut face. This set is for Model 3, more photo coming soon.
0505-3.JPG

Last edited:
Year-round setup (check)

Summer
Track Series SV503
• Triple Black Tinted
• 21x9
• 21x10
PUP OEM Tire and TPMS Compatible
Blank Color Match center cap for Tesla Logo overlay decal

0504-7.JPG

Winter
Monoblock Series SV104
• Matte Black
• 19x9 Square
All season / winter tire setup.
Blank Color Match center cap for Tesla Logo overlay decal
0504-8.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 5280mcs
Monoblock Series SV104
• Brushed Bronze Tinted
• 20x9 (20.5 LB)
•Efficiency flush F&R spec

Highlight feature:
1. OEM 255/40/20 Tire compatible. (Square) with -0.5 in wheel width to provide extra tire protection against curb rash
2. Staggered look without running wider rear tire
3. Flush front and rear without spacer
4. 33% weight reduction over OEM 20"
5. Compatible with OEM TPMS and Lug Nuts

0305-7.JPG

Last edited:
Monoblock Series SV104
• Sahara Brushed Sand (NEW)
• 20x9 (20.1lb)
(OEM Efficiency spec)

Highlight feature:
1. OEM 255/40/20 Tire compatible. (Square) with -0.5 in wheel width to provide extra tire protection against curb rash
2. 33% weight reduction over OEM 20"
3. Compatible with OEM TPMS and Lug Nuts

A187421E-D2AB-460E-B94B-27524F9B9FB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Another lucky owner for today :D

Track Series SV503
• Matte Black
• 21x9
• 21x10
(Flush Staggered fitment with extra tire protection)
• Color match blank center cap for Tesla logo decal

Highlight feature:
1. OEM 255/35/21 and 275/35/21 Tire compatible. With -0.5 in wheel width to provide extra tire protection against curb rash
2. 36% weight reduction over OEM 21" Uberturbine
3. Compatible with OEM TPMS and Lug Nuts

0616-4.JPG

Last edited:
Jamie what kind of lip can you get on the SV601? Say with a 20x11 or 11.5 square with a 305 tire. Whats the specs of the sample wheel on the website?

I have a blue Y coming next week and it would look sweet with some bronze wheels. Think time attack look.