Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery and Fitment Q&A Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Signature wheels swapped onto oem 19inch tires at under 200miles. Zero issues on original wheels. The vehicle has not been lowered and the suspension geometry has not been changed. Additionally, they were swapped on by an ASE master tech in the business over 30 years. The wheels unfortunately had an issue. I work in the medical device field and even the most precision machined items will have occasional failure modes. I put in the due diligence to have them balanced three times and the company is refusing to do the right thing. As much as I like the look of the wheels, people should know that if you have an issue they will never make it right.
Funny that there’s like 99.9 percent of people here are happy with their wheels. Maybe you should shoot a video showing all wheel weights off and have them balance the wheel by itself. If the wheel doesn’t move while rotating on the balance machine without tire…then it’s your tire or it’s your car that’s off. Make sure you video inside and outside the wheel without weights so it’s clear that the problem exists on the wheel.

If you can’t produce the 100% assurance that it is the wheel then you shouldn’t bad mouth a well known vendor.

Last edited:
Funny that there’s like 99.9 percent of people here are happy with their wheels. Maybe you should shoot a video showing all wheel weights off and have them balance the wheel by itself. If the wheel doesn’t move while rotating on the balance machine without tire…then it’s your tire or it’s your car that’s off. Make sure you video inside and outside the wheel without weights so it’s clear that the problem exists on the wheel.

If you can’t produce the 100% assurance that it is the wheel then you shouldn’t bad mouth a well known vendor.
I can understand why you would not want to believe that the wheel company you have used could have made a mistake. However, every single manufactured item can have defects. If you read my previous two replies without bias you would at minimum have to agree the wheels could be a problem. I believed it was something else at first too. Which is why I had it rebalanced before even talking to SW about it. Then they had me rebalance again. Mind you, they are OEM tires which did not have a single issue before being put on the SW wheels at under 200 miles. These are not tire defects from the factory or there would have been an issue before the swap. If the suggestion then is that the 30 year experienced master tech damaged the bead on installation, you are welcome to believe that. Like I said before, I could swap out 4 new tires and the company would just find a new excuse as to how it could not possibly be their fault.

I can understand why you would not want to believe that the wheel company you have used could have made a mistake. However, every single manufactured item can have defects. If you read my previous two replies without bias you would at minimum have to agree the wheels could be a problem. I believed it was something else at first too. Which is why I had it rebalanced before even talking to SW about it. Then they had me rebalance again. Mind you, they are OEM tires which did not have a single issue before being put on the SW wheels at under 200 miles. These are not tire defects from the factory or there would have been an issue before the swap. If the suggestion then is that the 30 year experienced master tech damaged the bead on installation, you are welcome to believe that. Like I said before, I could swap out 4 new tires and the company would just find a new excuse as to how it could not possibly be their fault.
Ok noted. Go balance the wheel by itself. If the tolerance is off it will show. That’s the logical thing to do right? Take out 1 factor that could impact the results and isolate to the perceived problem?

Signature wheels will never warranty your wheels.

I ordered a set, and had them professionally mounted and balanced at under 200 miles with the OEM tires (zero problems on OEM wheels). The yoke visibly shook on the highway. I had them rebalanced assuming it was not the wheels. The issue persisted. I spoke with Jamie at signature wheels who assured me that if I had the wheels balanced a third time and the issue was still there the wheels would be warrantied and replaced. I did exactly that. When I told Jamie the issue was still there (and that the balance required excessive wheel weights) he informed me that the tires are at fault. When I reminded him that the OEM tires were swapped on at under 200 miles and had no issue on the OEM wheels, he said the warranty is now denied because they assume the tire bead is damaged.

If I replaced all four tires there would be a new excuse. Do not do business with Signature Wheels.

The manufacturer will have no issue to honor the replacement wheel if there's proof of actual defects of the wheel. We did not "assure" any free replacement. We are simply asking you to re-balance it and to provide us with more information so we can proceed with the claim, but all you provide us is single photo of excessive wheel weight on one wheel. (and without specify which side it belongs to)

We have been a TMC vendor for 6-year with over 1000 setups for Tesla, and we never had anyone who had the same issue you are describing. Hq is still requiring you to provide the video proof the wheel being defected but you decide to drag our name through the mud and shame us publically.

Please provide proof before any further discussion.

Reactions: KingsT910
Ok noted. Go balance the wheel by itself. If the tolerance is off it will show. That’s the logical thing to do right? Take out 1 factor that could impact the results and isolate to the perceived problem?
I actually agree with you to a degree. Its just frustrating that the company directly asked me to just have them rebalanced again at a different shop which as a reminder was the third time spending time and money on doing so. I dont have all the free time in the world so when they ask me to do something for a third time (and assure me this was the last thing needed) then I expect this to be the final part of the puzzle to reach a solution.

The manufacturer will have no issue to honor the replacement wheel if there's proof of actual defects of the wheel. We did not "assure" any free replacement. We are simply asking you to re-balance it and to provide us with more information so we can proceed with the claim, but all you provide us is single photo of excessive wheel weight on one wheel. (and without specify which side it belongs to)

We have been a TMC vendor for 6-year with over 1000 setups for Tesla, and we never had anyone who had the same issue you are describing. Hq is still requiring you to provide the video proof the wheel being defected but you decide to drag our name through the mud and shame us publically.

Please provide proof before any further discussion.
I dont know how many people work there, but I am beyond a shadow of a doubt certain that the person I spoke with at length on the phone assured me that if I went to have the wheels balanced again at a different shop this would be the proof needed (if the issue persisted) to show evidence of a wheel defect for your supplier. It’s almost more frustrating than the wheels now that you are being disingenuous about what was spoken about on the phone. I even made sure to go over the exact requirement over and over with the person I spoke with to make sure there was no misunderstanding about the next steps.

I realize that you do not manufacture your own wheels, but if you are this beholden to your supplier who is clearly not going to honor warranty claims, then there is an issue. I have been part of countless medical device supplier quality audits. If you are this confident in the infallibility of your supplier, please provide your supplier quality agreement and most recent audit results. Im sure you keep up on those regularly.

I dont know how many people work there, but I am beyond a shadow of a doubt certain that the person I spoke with at length on the phone assured me that if I went to have the wheels balanced again at a different shop this would be the proof needed (if the issue persisted) to show evidence of a wheel defect for your supplier. It’s almost more frustrating than the wheels now that you are being disingenuous about what was spoken about on the phone. I even made sure to go over the exact requirement over and over with the person I spoke with to make sure there was no misunderstanding about the next steps.

I realize that you do not manufacture your own wheels, but if you are this beholden to your supplier who is clearly not going to honor warranty claims, then there is an issue. I have been part of countless medical device supplier quality audits. If you are this confident in the infallibility of your supplier, please provide your supplier quality agreement and most recent audit results. Im sure you keep up on those regularly.
Can y’all seriously take your stuff offline? I don’t think anyone cares about he said / she said.

Reactions: Ruffles

30 years old tech doesn’t know the procedure of check the wheel by itself if there’s balancing issue? And he did it three times… sound to me is this 30 years old tech fked up on the tire bead but ego is too high to admit it lol.

TMC Community,

For transparency I’m uploading the full video that @Brometheus has sent me. Watch the video and listen to the installer comment at the 24 second mark. The machine used is a hunter balance machine with laser which ensures the wheel spins straight and true. All of our wheels are cnc cut out of a forged block and are quality controlled check for roundness and strength. This is standard for Signature wheels to do so before any of our wheels go out. Tires on the other hand we have seen many variations of weight and uniformity. If anyone has any doubts about our wheels being out of round or not cut correctly I’d advise you to spin the wheel by itself to check BEFORE slandering our name publicly.

Woooooooow. Don’t you look seriously foolish now. Apparently the 30 year tech needs to go back to school and you need to stop being a Karen. Smoking gun right there showing it’s NOT the wheels and you made it 1000x worse by trying to accuse a TMC vendor that has been on this forum for years. 100% install and user error. You basically just ruined YOUR reputation here by trying to ruin Jamie’s.

@bvarianlvr did it again! This time with unique I-Beam spoke SV902. Can't wait to see them mounted on his Model Y!
-
Reserved Series SV902
21x9 Square (255/35/21)
Brushed Black Triple Tinted
Vintage Center Cap

IMG_7010.jpg