Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Fitment Q&A Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SignatureWheel

Global Vendor
Dec 18, 2018
San Jose, CA

30834244576_b85c619762_n.jpg

Please let us introduce ourselves as the latest vendor to the Tesla Motors Club. We’re very committed to the Tesla community, in fact, we just bought a brand-new Model 3 for our San Jose Main office. This allows us to conduct exact measurements, suspension tuning, range/efficiency testing, and track time.

This is the official Signature Wheel Gallery and Fitment Q&A Thread. We will showcase our wheels in this thread and openly help you figure out the best wheel/tire setup for your vehicle. It doesn't matter if you're interested in Signature or not, we will use our team of engineers to help you ensure you'll have the perfect fitment. At Signature, we believe in sharing our knowledge and making the car community a better place.
S2OLY1r.jpg

DVXsa6o.jpg

The Problems

Size/Fitment: Tesla Model 3 OEM wheels are available in 18x8.5 ET40, 19x8.5 ET40, and 20x8.5 ET35. They sit sunken inside the fender lines with the factory fitment and doesn’t allow for much wider tires. One solution to solve the fitment on the OEM wheels is to purchase spacers, which adds more stress to the hub and lug bolts. Some spacers aren’t hub centric and this causes vibration at speed.

Weight: The OEM 18inch wheel weighs 21.6LB to 23.0LB (with aero cover) each. The 19inch wheel weighs 25LB each. The 20inch wheel weighs 28.75LB each.

Material: Tesla OEM wheels are cast (fancy word is rotary formed); it is the most cost-effective way to make a wheel but it isn’t the strongest or the lightest approach. Additionally, cast and spun barrel wheels cannot be repaired in most cases if they’re ever bent by road hazards.

LINK: The Hidden Truth of Rotary Forged Alloy Wheels – Auto-Fanatic

Limited options or long wait time:
When choosing aftermarket wheels for the Tesla Model 3, your choices are limited to purchasing off the shelf wheels with limited fitment (most requiring hub centric rings and special spacers if you have a Performance model), waiting months for a manufacturer to fulfil a group buy, or purchasing from a custom wheel company that could take 2-5 months to deliver. If you ended choosing a wheel that takes months to ship, what happens if you damage one wheel and in a rush of a replacement?

wjY77aZ.jpg

svorwoO.jpg

e4RMHKa.jpg

Why Signature?

Size/Fitment:
Each set of Signature wheels is made specifically to the owner’s needs, including suspension / brakes / tires setup. As stated above, we bought a Tesla 3 for our Main office to conduct measurements and performance testing. Every set of Signature wheels must look and perform to perfection.

Weight: Our 18” setup weighs 18.0LB each, 19” weighs 19.3 each, and 20” weigh 20.1LB each. Each pound of unsprung weight is equivalent to 4 pounds of static weight. That means converting from OEM 20” 28.75LB to Signature 18” 18.0LB is 43.0LB of unsprung weight savings or 172.0LB of static weight removed from your vehicle.

wZmyydX.jpg

yKh54Xw.jpg

Material: We only offer motorsport grade fully forged 6061-T6 forged wheels. We use Finite Element Analysis during the design and engineering phase of the wheel to ensure reductions in weight do not sacrifice wheel strength or stiffness. Our wheel forging pressures, CNC programming specifications, and baking temperatures are specific to Signature to ensure we deliver only the highest quality fully forged wheels.

XUVLekC.jpg

dTnrTNA.jpg

weYAWJv.jpg

5gpb8dv.jpg

Our recent customer surveys show 41% of our customers take their vehicles to the track at least once a year. Our customers also include motorsport racing teams such as the Lotus Cup USA team and racing schools such as Ford Performance Racing School.

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_1.jpg

70502781_845743962494301_7328327780326703104_n.jpg

168199213_349098733207310_1638177545568034439_n.jpg

Unlimited guaranteed fitment options and short wait: We can configure the wheels in any width and size you please, our engineers personally verify every fitment prior to production. We’ll advise you the best offset and tire setup. All wheels take 4 weeks to build and 1 week to arrive; there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. We keep our promises; that’s why we have a fan base of loyal customers who keep coming back to us. Just look up #signaturenation to see all the photos and comments about our product.

Who are we? Signature is founded by a group of car enthusiasts who spent years of modding and racing our personal vehicles. Signature wheels are designed in California and manufactured by one of the top forged wheel manufacturers in the world. We have 50 CNC machines allocated, same factory quality coatings, and a team of engineers to ensure there's no delay on deliveries.

We believe in designs that are durable, light, and timeless. We believe in VIP service for all customers. We believe in keeping promises, no matter how small. We believe in sharing our knowledge with the automotive industry. Our vision is called the “Signature Way!”

SV104 20x9 ET30 20x10.5 ET40.jpg

JWL/VIA CERTIFIED
TRACK PROVEN
HUB CENTRIC
ACCEPT OEM LUG BOLTS AND NUTS
OEM TPMS COMPATIBLE
MAX BRAKE CLEARANCE
OPTIONAL OEM CAPS BORE

Click here for:
Signature Wheel Tesla Exclusive Gallery

Last edited:
One solution to solve the fitment on the OEM wheels is to purchase spacers, which adds more stress to the hub and lug bolts.​

Thank you for the comprehensive write up.

I am considering adding wheel adapters to my 18" rims (I want to retain my aero wheel covers, I like the looks and added range on the highway). How significant is the stress to the hub? What size adapter would you suggest (if not recommend) for front and rear? Do you sell wheel adapters?​

Looks great, but that link does not work. ;-)

As I don’t want the first post to be solely about a dead link, can you outline what your solutions are for the tricky Model 3 Performance+ version?
You're the first to reply. Goodies coming your way. :)

The P3D Wheel Problem:

See below. Tesla added larger brakes, but the rotors have thinner top hats compared the standard brakes which expose the base hub lip. This limits the wheel options available. This left P3D owners using spacers with aftermarket wheels as most of those wheels are bored to 64.1mm only to clear the actual hub and not the step lip of the hub.

46629225042_39d95530d2_o.jpg

Signature solution?

We conducted precise measurements above to catch this issue, so our wheels are specially machined to accommodate the exposed lip. See back of our Signature Track Series SV502 18x8.5 ET20 for the Tesla P3D below. All of our wheels are specifically made to vehicle's hub, brakes, lugs, and TPMS specs. There's never a need to run rings, spacers, or aftermarket lugs with our wheels.

45765511305_2d9630f05f_k.jpg

digging the SV503, what size 19inch and tire you recommend

View attachment 367735
Signature Track Series SV503 is an excellent choice. The Ford Performance Racing School runs these.

Size and offset recommendation varies on your need / desired setup. Examples, you want OEM, more flushed, more tires, and also base on your suspension setup. I'll PM you to discuss options.

The SV503s in gloss gunmetal look nice. Site shows 19 inch to be 19x9 with 25mm offset. Would that come past the front fender? I have Vertinis in 19x8.5 with 30mm and they are exactly flush.

What tire size and suspension setup do you have? The awesome guys over MPP is running 19x9 ET25 front and 19x10 ET35 staggered setup for example, sits perfect with their setup. But for stock, you can do 19x8.5 ET20-30 or 19x9 ET25-35. Our recommendations is based on what you're trying to accomplish and we don't expect one size to fit all. That's why we have our own Model 3 sitting next to our office to measure and play with suspension/tire sizes, so there's no guessing behind the keyboard. Our MPP suspension just arrived as well. Yippee

Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss further.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Thank you for the comprehensive write up.

I am considering adding wheel adapters to my 18" rims (I want to retain my aero wheel covers, I like the looks and added range on the highway). How significant is the stress to the hub? What size adapter would you suggest (if not recommend) for front and rear? Do you sell wheel adapters?​

You're very welcome. We love sharing our knowledge and take feedback from owners. Are you adding wheel adapters or wheel spacers? If spacers, how thick and is it hub centric? Feel free PM me to discuss.

We don't sell any spacers or adapters as all of our wheels are made to perfectly fit each specific vehicle.

The P3D Wheel Problem:

See below. Tesla added larger brakes, but the rotors have thinner top hats compared the standard brakes which expose the base hub lip. This limits the wheel options available. This left P3D owners using spacers with aftermarket wheels as most of those wheels are bored to 64.1mm only to clear the actual hub and not the step lip of the hub.

View attachment 367822

Signature solution?

We conducted precise measurements above to catch this issue, so our wheels are specially machined to accommodate the exposed lip. See back of our Signature Track Series SV502 18x8.5 ET20 for the Tesla P3D below. All of our wheels are specifically made to vehicle's hub, brakes, lugs, and TPMS specs. There's never a need to run rings, spacers, or aftermarket lugs with our wheels.

View attachment 367835
Cool!
To clarify, you will machine finished wheels to fit the Model 3 Performance+ model. Correct?

Cool!
To clarify, you will machine finished wheels to fit the Model 3 Performance+ model. Correct?

According to conversations I've had with Jimmy, yes. Their wheels are basically built to order, so as long as you communicate what you need, they will account for it. They've had a P3D+ in for measurements, so they know what to expect. They've got quite a few great looking wheel.

So tempting!

Reactions: e-FTW

The P3D Wheel Problem:

View attachment 367822
Ha, it's bizarre seeing so many people still using my photo around here :eek:. If I didn't have wheels already I may have seriously considered a few of your options! Glad to see more aftermarket Model 3 vendors starting to tap this market.

Ha, it's bizarre seeing so many people still using my photo around here :eek:. If I didn't have wheels already I may have seriously considered a few of your options! Glad to see more aftermarket Model 3 vendors starting to tap this market.

Thanks so much for the contribution. We've done the measurements of the hub, brakes, and all. I can't seem to find the photos in our database. Will get more detailed photos of the hub next week.