Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would assume only based on the model 3 precedence that the track wheels were sold as an option. The software update just like the acceleration boost is sold separately and has no relation to the wheels.

Driver error is driver error no matter the model or speed…Tesla branded wheels will not save you from a crash. Tire selection DEFINITELY will though. That’s why racers use cup2 or cup2R for the track. It’s actually amazing that the 4S can do repeated drag strip runs so I’d say buy top tier tires no matter what. TT lambos and GTRs are using R888 on all their cars and Tesla does not have an agreement with Toyo. The best Tesla can do is give you give you Michelin slicks but that’s highly unlikely since. If you know Dodge could not give hellcat owners racing gear (slicks, harness, skinny wheels, etc) and sold them the package for $1 because it wasn’t legal to promote by giving drag racing equipment when buying the car.
Not really following your logic here. Acceleration boost has nothing to do with top speed. The 163 mph speed limit isn’t for driver error crash prevention, it’s about the tires ability to safely drive at high speed without failing. How will Tesla ensure that the car has a capable wheel and tire package on the car if they didn’t sell it to you?

Side note, my 2018 P3D- still had the lower speed cap even though I have the Zero-G wheel package.

Not questioning Signature wheels ability to build wheels… but Is everyone confident that Tesla will allow your car to go 200 without buying the Tesla certified package?

Our client with 2000hp twin-turbo Lambo reaches 205mph with our SV104. There's plenty of production car could reach that speed, and it's nothing that special anymore. One thing noteworthy is the true circle of the wheel, and the tolerance of the hub with the center bore. We build our wheel to have minimal tolerance to prevent any unwanted vibration at 200 mph speed.

Tesla is likely to "recommend" the package but not "require" the package to reach or unlock 200mph. You and I already paid 140k+ for the car, and it advertises to reach 200mph on their website. I don't think ANY plaid owner would be happy if they now need to pay an additional $5-6K or more for the "Tesla certified package".

Last edited:
Our client with 2000hp twin-turbo Lambo reaches 205mph with our SV104. There's plenty of production car could reach that speed, and it's nothing that special anymore. One thing noteworthy is the true circle of the wheel, and the tolerance of the hub with the center bore. We build our wheel to have minimal tolerance to prevent any unwanted vibration at 200 mph speed.

Tesla is likely to "recommend" the package but not "require" the package to reach or unlock 200mph. You and I already paid 140k+ for the car, and it advertises to reach 200mph on their website. I don't think ANY plaid owner would be happy if they now need to pay an additional $5-6K or more for the "Tesla certified package".
I agree with everything you wrote.

Reactions: SignatureSales
19x8 SV104 with 245/45/19 tire at only 42.5lb. (9000 miles on the tirs) (OEM 21x9.5 weight 60lb and 21x10.5 weight 65lb) These wheels are also compatible with 255/45/19 tire for the new LR/Plaid. This setup will be the hyper mileage setup with maxium tire protection.

FYI, this set is for sale for the onwer who want absolute best efficiency possible.
223808935_506511440447076_8545927765894110207_n.jpg

Reactions: kopo
TPMS part numbers:

14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Silver1490701-00-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
14TPWheel Unit, BLE, Black1490701-01-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$75.0044
15NUT, SILVER VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-00-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044
15NUT, BLACK VALVE, TESLA TPMS1518499-01-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)$0.5044

I put in a service request in my app for "tire rotation" and in the notes I mentioned that I really only need a set of TPMS for new wheels. I gave them the part numbers for the "black" versions, and this morning they responded that they are on order, and will let me know when they arrive. Hooray!

How important is friction lock? Am I going to miss it on my new 21s on a plaid? Has tire slip been demonstrated without it?
The only way to know is temporarily tape the wheel in one spot and the tire sidewall across from the tape. People have used paint for their track wheels but I wouldn’t of you just wanted to see if it did or not. Drive on it for a day with launches and see if the tape is now in a different location. That’s the only way to know of the tire is rotating on the rim. Lots of high horsepower cars are running bead lock and the rim actually clamps the tire to it making it impossible for rotation. Also know that if you use tire grease to put on the tire that has friction lock you totally defeat the purpose. It needs to be put on dry with no lube.

D82CB6C6-E89F-4812-B695-7707AAA25051.png

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
The only way to know is temporarily tape the wheel in one spot and the tire sidewall across from the tape. People have used paint for their track wheels but I wouldn’t of you just wanted to see if it did or not. Drive on it for a day with launches and see if the tape is now in a different location. That’s the only way to know of the tire is rotating on the rim. Lots of high horsepower cars are running bead lock and the rim actually clamps the tire to it making it impossible for rotation. Also know that if you use tire grease to put on the tire that has friction lock you totally defeat the purpose. It needs to be put on dry with no lube.

View attachment 692892
Yep, I get the idea. A close up photo of the valve stem and the writing on the side of the tire should be good enough to capture their relative positions. I'm just wondering if this is a real problem on the plaid on the street, or more of a problem on high horsepower cars with racing slicks being launched under 27 PSI of boost at the drag strip...

Yep, I get the idea. A close up photo of the valve stem and the writing on the side of the tire should be good enough to capture their relative positions. I'm just wondering if this is a real problem on the plaid on the street, or more of a problem on high horsepower cars with racing slicks being launched under 27 PSI of boost at the drag strip...
Tesla standard psi is around 43 for efficiency. Going down to 35 psi for track will most likely need friction lock since the tire not slipping. The owner that ran a 10.51 (19x8 square) on stock tires and full interior shaved .15 seconds off Brooks 1/4 mile 10.66. We are using that as a base on calculating that a sticker tire, friction lock, and smaller wheel he will see 2/10ths shaved.

The real benefit is not only that but having a lighter forged wheel (~10lbs off each corner) will make the car handle and fell lighter without the worry of bending / cracking a oem cast wheel.

Reactions: FlatSix911
What offset are the 19x8 wheels? what offset do you suggest for a 19x9.5 square setup? Did you check the fender clearance using cheetah mode? from the videos I seen the tire and wheel go a lot into the fender using cheetah mode. Thanks