Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What offset are the 19x8 wheels? what offset do you suggest for a 19x9.5 square setup? Did you check the fender clearance using cheetah mode? from the videos I seen the tire and wheel go a lot into the fender using cheetah mode. Thanks
The used set is ET20. Recommend for high-efficiency road trip only.

The offset is fully custom build; we usually go over the spec once the deposit is received since each plaid owner has their goal & priority.

There's a lot of room when cheetah mode engages, no issue with rubbing.

Picked up my TPMS from Tesla service this afternoon. I was happy that they actually seemed to get the order correct. They come as a full set, including the nut (so no need to order that separately), and they were $300 for the full set (as indicated in the parts catalog), and not the $400 I had heard mentioned.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Picked up my TPMS from Tesla service this afternoon. I was happy that they actually seemed to get the order correct. They come as a full set, including the nut (so no need to order that separately), and they were $300 for the full set (as indicated in the parts catalog), and not the $400 I had heard mentioned.
I picked up my set today, too! Now just twiddling thumbs until the wheels get here. :)

I actually had picked them up earlier but when the parts catalog (and this thread) was published, I found out that they'd just handed me Model 3 TPMS and told me to use those in the Plaid. I am not sure if they would've worked ... maybe/maybe not - but either way, it's nice to have swapped out for the right part number per the catalog.

I picked up my set today, too! Now just twiddling thumbs until the wheels get here. :)

I actually had picked them up earlier but when the parts catalog (and this thread) was published, I found out that they'd just handed me Model 3 TPMS and told me to use those in the Plaid. I am not sure if they would've worked ... maybe/maybe not - but either way, it's nice to have swapped out for the right part number per the catalog.
I presume you also got a plastic bag filled with "1490701-01-B"? "TPMS Wheel Unit, BLE, Black" (I think the BLE might mean bluetooth, since that's what we need.)

Reactions: rpan25
Just a teaser...I still don't have the car back, and the suspension here is still in jack mode, or something...
plaid-1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
I can already feel the lightness just by looking at the photos. 😆
Believe me...loading the SV104s into my wife's Y to take over to the shop versus loading the Arachnids back in after the swap was done was a COMPLETE night and day difference. Both were in the same boxes, so it was a very fair comparison. I plan to weight the naked arachnids this morning.

Reactions: Mikovin
Naked Arachnids Weight

10.5 = 35.6 pounds
9.5 = 32.4 pounds

Probably not perfectly accurate, but close enough for military work.
Lighter than the original 21" Turbines, but heavier than the first-gen Arachnids (even when adding 16% for additional width) if these numbers are accurate here: The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide

Those SV104s do look sharp!

Reactions: kgoroway
So far, I'm not planning to. I think I like the look of them exposed. But, it's only been a little while, and I don't know what I'd do to "cover" them anyway.
Love those wheels. I also have SV 104’s on the way but in 20 inch. I’m going with darker lug nut.s. That’s alway a possibility for you with your darker finish. BTW, do think I can get the 4 Arachnids with tires in my Plaid after I have the new Signature wheels installed? Thanks

BTW, do think I can get the 4 Arachnids with tires in my Plaid after I have the new Signature wheels installed? Thanks

Probably with the seats down? hard to say, really, since I never transported any of these with tires mounted. I'd only attempt that with a copious amount of blankets or something else protecting the interior... Although I think tire shops have plastic bags to cover mounted tires?

Maybe make multiple trips if it doesn't work?

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Love those wheels. I also have SV 104’s on the way but in 20 inch. I’m going with darker lug nut.s. That’s alway a possibility for you with your darker finish. BTW, do think I can get the 4 Arachnids with tires in my Plaid after I have the new Signature wheels installed? Thanks

Probably with the seats down? hard to say, really, since I never transported any of these with tires mounted. I'd only attempt that with a copious amount of blankets or something else protecting the interior... Although I think tire shops have plastic bags to cover mounted tires?

Maybe make multiple trips if it doesn't work?
Or look for a mobile installer in your area who comes to your home and installs the wheels and tires in your driveway. That's what I am banking on. Also have 20" SV104s on order. 😊