Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that the same stance that my package will look like?

Could someone pitch in and let me know how the ride quality changes on lighter Signature wheels? I am very sensitive about small bumps in the road. I switched from the stock 21" s to 19" stock wheels on a Plaid and would like to get 19" signature wheels instead if it would improve the ride comfort.

"Could someone pitch in and let me know how the ride quality changes on lighter Signature wheels? I am very sensitive about small bumps in the road. I switched from the stock 21" s to 19" stock wheels on a Plaid and would like to get 19" signature wheels instead if it would improve the ride comfort.

The lighter wheel will likely maintain the same feel, but the acceleration and steering responses will improve with a lighter 19" setup

Something new shipping out. :)

Multi-Piece Series SV302s
-Matte Black Face
-Gloss Black Lip
-Black Hardware
-21x9.5
-21x10.5

Chris N.
0901-5.JPG

Track Series SV502
-Brushed Black Triple Tinted
-21x10.5 Square with staggered offset

@lbowroom
0901-8.JPG

The other user is me. 😊

Thanks for posting about this, @OCS300 ! Hope this helps other folks make tire decisions.

The hum/howl is distinctive enough from what would be considered "normal" loudness from the hard compound of an all season tire. And once you hear it, that's all you'll hear! Lol

It's a shame too, because these are hella great tires - probably the best performance all seasons out there.

I am inclined to believe the theory of going narrower will solve this because a 3rd TMC member has 20x9 with 255 and 20x10.5 with 285 and they've confirmed to not have this issue.
Is it identical with Pilot Sport 4S tires in size 285x35 and 305x35

Is it identical with Pilot Sport 4S tires in size 285x35 and 305x35

Those are Michelin Pilot All Season 4. (which is simialr to all season version of 4S) They grip well and can handle the power from Plaid, but many owner has expericne in some exessive tire/road noise with those, so please keep that in mind when moving forward.

Reactions: bhzmark and LucaRiv
What sizes in square set ups in 20’s are people using? I have a LR so I don’t need super staggered set ups, just looking for ideas that will give me more choices in tires.

If you prefer square setup for your LR, I recommened 20x9.5 Square with staggered offset. That way you can run 255 or 265/40/20 all around and the rear will still be flush to the fender with deep concavity.