Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Tesla CCS1 adaptor now available in Canada.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get it while it last. it won't let you add it in the cart if your car require a retrofit, early 2023.
$325 CAD.

Wtf. I ordered this and it let me. Now I'm one of the people who it's showing "No delivered cars on your account".

Do I need a retrofit? I just took delivery at the beginning of the month lol.

If UPS tries to extort you into paying ridiculous brokerage fees just tell the driver you’re not going to be a victim and tell him you will only pay the duty/tax. They will accept door side negotiations. Just don’t do this before it gets to your door (online) they will send it back to sender.

• Informative
Reactions: KevinT3141
hopefully won't make me pay a ransom to get it across the border.
If you ordered it on a Canadian Tesla account you won't be charged anything additional by UPS or anyone else. Mine has already moved from the US to Concord, Ontario via UPS (as I said above, it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow), so I likely would have heard about any additional fees by now. Plus, I bought a Mobile Connector last month that was shipped via UPS from the US and didn't pay any extra on that.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Would the CCS Adapter be useful if we are doing a road-trip down to US from Vancouver (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Vancouver)? Will there be many charging stations to use the CCS and if yes, would the cost be much lower than Tesla Superchargers?

Woot! Its here, just in time for road trip to Montreal

Attachments

• IMG_5176.jpeg
    IMG_5176.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 95
Ordered .... couldn`t plan a road trip last summer due to lack of superchargers where we wanted to go (Tofino BC).... Best to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it!
We went to Tofino from Calgary last summer in our Model 3 LR AWD. The trick is to stay at least one night, as there are Tesla destination chargers (Level 2) there.

But yes, it will be nice to have to option to use CCS chargers. I bought the A2Z adapter a little over a month ago (grrr) and I’ve already used it on a road trip. I really wanted the Tesla one, but I was having a hard time ordering it from Korea. I now have one on the way.

We went to Tofino from Calgary last summer in our Model 3 LR AWD. The trick is to stay at least one night, as there are Tesla destination chargers (Level 2) there.

But yes, it will be nice to have to option to use CCS chargers. I bought the A2Z adapter a little over a month ago (grrr) and I’ve already used it on a road trip. I really wanted the Tesla one, but I was having a hard time ordering it from Korea. I now have one on the way.

You'll be able to report to us how the two compare, correct? :)

Yeah. I’m a little annoyed that I bought their adapter a little over a month ago. To be clear, there’s is a solid product that works well, but I really wanted the OEM adapter with the clever locking pin. So I have that one on order now too.

The price on the A2Z website has been relatively stable recently, after a (presumably sensible) drop following the September 21 release of the North American Tesla adapter (except for Canadian vs. U.S. dollar fluctuations). Compare prices of adapters here. Where I have noted significant price declines for Olink-made CCS1 adapters is on Amazon. Again, presumably a delayed response to the Tesla-North America adpter release.