Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Tesla forums are no more?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who "engaged" here back in 2016 when I was originally considering getting a Model 3, I also checked out the "official" tesla forum... now, after actually ordering my Y LR, I get back in here and then think "I should check out if the official forum has improved" only to find that it no longer exists!

The "engage" page that they have replaced it with just seems like a recruiting tool for unpaid Tesla advocate farming. Am I missing something?

Keith

The original Tesla Forums is now read only. As you mentioned, Tesla Engage is the new community "hub".

You're supposed to use the "Find A Club" button on the top right of the page (or "Find My Club" at the bottom footer of the page) to find the landing page for your local Tesla Club. For example, Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley or Tesla Club LA.

Once you're at the landing page for your local Club, login to your Tesla account and click on the "Apply Here" button to become a Engagement Hub Member. What happens after that, I don't know, as my application has not yet been approved. My guess is that they're trying to make it a private group like a FB group for local discussions and events:

Club members help advocate for Tesla by supporting legislative efforts, offering test-drives, volunteering at shows, educating new and prospective owners, hosting social events and passionately referring friends and family to explore Tesla ownership for themselves.

So essentially, Tesla got rid of their PR department, and is now recruiting its owners as a free replacement ;)

Last edited:
The original Tesla Forums is now read only. As you mentioned, Tesla Engage is the new community "hub".

You're supposed to use the "Find A Club" button on the top right of the page (or "Find My Club" at the bottom footer of the page) to find the landing page for your local Tesla Club. For example, Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley or Tesla Club LA.

Once you're at the landing page for your local Club, login to your Tesla account and click on the "Apply Here" button to become a Engagement Hub Member. What happens after that, I don't know, as my application has not yet been approved. My guess is that they're trying to make it a private group like a FB group for local discussions and events.

I clicked on the find a club button, it looks like a recruiting tool for unpaid labor to be an advocate for Tesla. I don't see a need to pursue that.

Keith

PS: Yeah, the main page looked like FB... I hate trying to find any information on a FB page rather than using a forum... no way do I want a resource I rely on to follow the FB model.

The old Tesla Forums had a lot of technical discussions (some with bad advice) and complaints (some valid) that owners were hoping Tesla would see/address (which they didn't). By removing the official Forums and shifting to "communities", Tesla is removing themselves from the legal obligations and liability from running an official Forum since Engage will be administered by the local Tesla club. Plus any content created on Engage will not be publicly visible (visible only to the members of the local Club).

The old Tesla Forums had a lot of technical discussions (some with bad advice) and complaints (some valid) that owners were hoping Tesla would see/address (which they didn't). By removing the official Forums and shifting to "communities", Tesla is removing themselves from the legal obligations and liablity since Engage will be administered by the local Tesla club. Plus any content created on Engage will not be publicly visible (visible only to the members of the local Club).

I figured it may be a method of distancing Tesla corporate from the community under the guise of bringing the community closer. A forum like this is a gold mine to a company if they actually listen to the customers... it can be an annoyance to corporate if you don't listen to the customers while the custormers feel entitled to you listening to them because it is an "official" part of the company. Easier to get ride of the "official" forum and still monitor "un-official" sites like this I guess.

Keith