Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Tesla Pet Liner - Door Liner Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Tesmanian pet liner, and when the Tesla pet liner came back into stock, I decided to grab it to compare the two.

The seat liner is actually fantastic, and I'm a big fan.

The door liners though, I need some help. I know for a fact I'm doing something wrong here.

I stuck the tabs in between the window and the door sill, and every time the doors open, the windows obviously go down a bit, then when shut they go back up, and pull the tabs out and lift the tabs and liner up.

If I try to lower the windows all the way down, then raise them back up, the liners straight up pull out as the windows go wrong.

I'm assuming this is just user install error.

Can anyone give me some insight into what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah make sure you push them down all the way. Mine has three tabs, they have a little zigzag to their shape. They have to be pushed down until they pop into place. The zigzag has to be inside the door. It kind of goes "THUMP" when it seats correctly. My wife removed them and put them back one time and she didn't have them in all the way and they fell out.

It feels like you're going to break the tab off, and maybe if you did it enough times it would break off, but I've removed and reinserted mine like 10 times and they're still working fine.

Be brave, push harder ;)

Yeah make sure you push them down all the way. Mine has three tabs, they have a little zigzag to their shape. They have to be pushed down until they pop into place. The zigzag has to be inside the door. It kind of goes "THUMP" when it seats correctly. My wife removed them and put them back one time and she didn't have them in all the way and they fell out.

It feels like you're going to break the tab off, and maybe if you did it enough times it would break off, but I've removed and reinserted mine like 10 times and they're still working fine.

Be brave, push harder ;)
I did my best. I did actually get one clip to THUMP but the rest, no so much. Seems that they are staying in place, for now.

Reactions: LoudMusic