Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
How is your service better than TeslaFi? If I’m going switch I need to know why!
Import your TeslaFi data for free and see if you like it. It's an app, and a completely different software approach that isn't trying to replicate TeslaFi (or anything else), so there aren't many direct comparisons.

It uses a different tracking technology stack that has a very high data collection rate (every 10 seconds) without impacting the car's natural sleep behavior if you care about that.

Import your TeslaFi data for free and see if you like it. It's an app, and a completely different software approach that isn't trying to replicate TeslaFi (or anything else), so there aren't many direct comparisons.

It uses a different tracking technology stack that has a very high data collection rate (every 10 seconds) without impacting the car's natural sleep behavior if you care about that.
So.. I downloaded your app, started the trial and am completely blown away! By far your software is much better than every other iOS app I’ve tried. In the past I’ve used the combo of Stats (as a more feature rich alternative to the stock Tesla app - which is now better than Stats because they’ve added all the rich features) and TeslaFi (for logging of all the data). Now I don’t need either. Your app does that all in one package but also with the added benefit of not waking up my car every time I open the app. Plus, the Apple Watch companion is the best I’ve seen. Bravo. I have canceled my TeslaFi subscription. Stats I purchased as a one time license - the developer of that app is actually a really nice guy so I don’t see the need in asking him for any refund. I just simply won’t use his app ever again. Your app is great - the TeslaFi import feature worked like a charm. Now I have everything in one cohesive package! The only thing keeping me from replacing your app with the stock Tesla app is the live sentry view. If you could find a way to incorporate that then you would truly have a better app than Tesla. Thanks for making an app that is beautiful and snappy. Really happy I switched over.

Are there any plans to add fleet statistic data?

The ability to import from TeslaFi was great (and awesome that TeslaFi allows it). What's your approach to user data - are there export options?

Overall, I agree it's an outstanding effort. Love the multi-platform options including smart home devices.

So.. I downloaded your app, started the trial and am completely blown away! By far your software is much better than every other iOS app I’ve tried. In the past I’ve used the combo of Stats (as a more feature rich alternative to the stock Tesla app - which is now better than Stats because they’ve added all the rich features) and TeslaFi (for logging of all the data). Now I don’t need either. Your app does that all in one package but also with the added benefit of not waking up my car every time I open the app. Plus, the Apple Watch companion is the best I’ve seen. Bravo. I have canceled my TeslaFi subscription. Stats I purchased as a one time license - the developer of that app is actually a really nice guy so I don’t see the need in asking him for any refund. I just simply won’t use his app ever again. Your app is great - the TeslaFi import feature worked like a charm. Now I have everything in one cohesive package! The only thing keeping me from replacing your app with the stock Tesla app is the live sentry view. If you could find a way to incorporate that then you would truly have a better app than Tesla. Thanks for making an app that is beautiful and snappy. Really happy I switched over.

I'm incredibly humbled. 🙏 Thank you.

I wish there were some email notifications for stuff like when my car leaves a specific area or maybe if my car exceeds a certain speed. It would be good to be able to have proof if someone uses your car for a joy ride.

Check out Locations > Alerts > Arrival/Departure. Speed notifications are coming soon.

Are there any plans to add fleet statistic data?

The ability to import from TeslaFi was great (and awesome that TeslaFi allows it). What's your approach to user data - are there export options?

Overall, I agree it's an outstanding effort. Love the multi-platform options including smart home devices.

Some fleet stats might be coming down the road. There are a couple good opportunities there, but it's important to me that everything feels bespoke and private.

All data is exportable to CSV - export driving, charging and parking history by tapping ... > Export and export all the raw Tesla API data by tapping Garage > Export Raw Data. tessie.com/privacy for privacy details.

Reactions: bedoig
I'm incredibly humbled. 🙏 Thank you.

Check out Locations > Alerts > Arrival/Departure. Speed notifications are coming soon.

Some fleet stats might be coming down the road. There are a couple good opportunities there, but it's important to me that everything feels bespoke and private.

All data is exportable to CSV - export driving, charging and parking history by tapping ... > Export and export all the raw Tesla API data by tapping Garage > Export Raw Data. tessie.com/privacy for privacy details.

Those are phone notifications right? It would be great if there was the option for email notifications. I know that might require extra email servers and other resources but just a thought as I feel an email is better for archive purposes than a push notification.

I’m having issues with the Siri Shortcuts with this app when used with Apple Watch. I keep getting a request to allow with “null?”

This always happens even after allowing and turning off the “show me when run” toggle in shortcuts.

Any advice?

I’m having issues with the Siri Shortcuts with this app when used with Apple Watch. I keep getting a request to allow with “null?”

This always happens even after allowing and turning off the “show me when run” toggle in shortcuts.

Any advice?

Widespread bug in iOS 15 and WatchOS 8. Apple engineering is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Edit: Apple actually just sent me an update saying they've identified a potential fix and it'll be out in a future OS update.

James, I've seen some other Tesla interfaces that show a "fleet average" that you can compare with your own car. Things like battery health, or average consumption. I think maybe some even have leaderboards, but I could be mis-remembering. Any plan to add this type of feature to the Tessie app?
Leaderboards or social elements, no. Fleet median data, yes! Some other big features first.

3.9 out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Real-time speed alerts
  • Say "where's the car?" to get location via Alexa and Google Assistant/Google Home. Also works with Shortcuts + Siri.
  • Say "what's the temperature?" to get the interior temperature via Alexa and Google Assistant/Google Home. Also works with Shortcuts + Siri.
  • Visualize drives/road trips with new satellite views
  • Expand drives/charges into full screen maps
  • Hide release notes after app updates using the new Settings > Display menu
  • Shortcuts can now be used with custom scripting variables