Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having issues linking Tessie to Google Home & Assistant in the U.K.?

I’ve located it in Assistant and tapping Link but nothing happens.
It's a bug with the new version of the Google Assistant app; sometimes it's not registering taps. Sometimes closing the app or restarting the phone can fix it.

You can also usually say "Hey Google, talk to Tessie" to your device to link it.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
It's a bug with the new version of the Google Assistant app; sometimes it's not registering taps. Sometimes closing the app or restarting the phone can fix it.

You can also usually say "Hey Google, talk to Tessie" to your device to link it.
Thanks James

Managed the “talk to Tessie” through the hub, then set up some smart routines. Will test them out tomorrow.

Reactions: James@Tessie
4.2 out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Drive tagging
  • Bulk tagging: Instantly tag many drives by filtering and then tapping ... > Tag All
  • Driving maps and analytics can now be filtered by tag
  • Drive tags are now included in history exports and API results
  • Electric rates can now be set seasonally
  • Firmware data inspector (tap your Tesla model at the bottom of the main screen)

4.2 out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Drive tagging
  • Bulk tagging: Instantly tag many drives by filtering and then tapping ... > Tag All
  • Driving maps and analytics can now be filtered by tag
  • Drive tags are now included in history exports and API results
  • Electric rates can now be set seasonally
  • Firmware data inspector (tap your Tesla model at the bottom of the main screen)

I like the ability to set seasonal electric rates, which is how my utility does it. Previously I was just averaging the summer and winter rates and using that number.

The addition of the data inspector is great. I use ScanMyTesla for that type of info, but I am curious to see if those numbers update dynamically while driving. If so, it could be an easier way for people to view those stats if they don't want to mess with installing the OBDII dongle.

Reactions: James@Tessie
I like the ability to set seasonal electric rates, which is how my utility does it. Previously I was just averaging the summer and winter rates and using that number.

The addition of the data inspector is great. I use ScanMyTesla for that type of info, but I am curious to see if those numbers update dynamically while driving. If so, it could be an easier way for people to view those stats if they don't want to mess with installing the OBDII dongle.
It doesn't automatically refresh as to not change something on you unexpectedly (e.g. you're looking for something but then it vanishes), but an auto-refresh toggle is a great idea!

Reactions: Baluchi
Here's a suggestion. Gas prices are moving every day right now, and I like to keep the app updated with price in my area so I have an accurate idea of what I'm saving by driving an EV. Changing the gas price is currently buried in the settings menu. What about adding an icon (like an oil derrick) to the home screen to quickly update the price?

Daniel recently invited me to become an app vendor on TMC, so I did!

I'm happy to support TMC and anyone that might be using Tessie. I'll post meaningful updates here for those that want to subscribe to the thread. The best way to get immediate support is through help.tessie.com and [email protected], but I'll also be around to answer questions and provide support here.

App Store (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch & Apple Silicon Macs)
Google Play (Phones, tablets & Chromebooks)
tessie.com (Desktop)
Google Home & Google Assistant
Amazon Alexa
Developer API
I purchased the app and love it, but am missing a few drives in my stats/drive history. Is this likely a tesla data issue, or a tessie issue?

I purchased the app and love it, but am missing a few drives in my stats/drive history. Is this likely a tesla data issue, or a tessie issue?
This raises an interesting question. If you don't have cell phone coverage on your drive, is Tessie able to determine your route?
If a drive is missing, it's always a connectivity issue between Tesla and the car. If no data access exists at all between Tesla and the car during a drive, Tessie will still build the route as best as possible.

I suspect this is likely due to a recent Tesla firmware bug that causes remote connectivity to the car to timeout while driving. You can fix it by restarting the car by holding down both scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel until the screen turns off. Email [email protected] and let me know which email you're using with the app and I can tell you the exact cause.

Activity will show you sleep and wake times in the graphs (purple means sleep.) Looking for something specific?
Hi. If is possible something more specific with the time when is wake-up and when is sleeping. I see the car is wake-up itself and to know how much stay awake and how much is sleeping.
I see this thread ( Huge amount of wasted energy caused by undesirable sleep patterns using smart chargers) and now I'm so curious about this kind of data.
Thank you so much.

Hi. If is possible something more specific with the time when is wake-up and when is sleeping. I see the car is wake-up itself and to know how much stay awake and how much is sleeping.
I see this thread ( Huge amount of wasted energy caused by undesirable sleep patterns using smart chargers) and now I'm so curious about this kind of data.
Thank you so much.

Have you checked your Activity screen? All the blue-shaded areas are sleep, and the unshaded areas are when the car was awake.
1648464585245.png