Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app update (4.3.8) yesterday shows energy usage over time, but what are the green lines below 0 — is that regenerative braking?

4C0E9D37-D640-485C-8520-7E11723678C0.jpeg

Can I recommend a two-finger drag to zoom in on a graph? Currently, it'll zoom in every time you just want to drag your finger over a graph to see the measurements.
It's drag to scan values, and long press then drag to zoom. It's more sensitive than I'd like to accidentally zooming in, but iPhone/Android prevent you from scrolling down when you add two-finger dragging on the graphs, which is a far worse experience. This is the best experience I've found for a mobile app so far, but still hunting around for a better experience. Open to other ideas!

Has this thread moved somewhere else? It seems to have just stopped. I would be interested to continue receiving release notes, etc. The info in this thread was great, until it just stops.
I don't bump the thread unless necessary or providing support as it's against TMC vendor rules. :) If you're hungry for some more news...
  • Supercharging costs are now automatically synced to your Tesla account!
  • All previous Supercharging sessions have had costs automatically added
  • Energy usage calculation has been added to certain new CCS chargers and unique 3-phase Wall Connector installations
  • Website has received a couple small nice design touches
  • Smart support has been added for multiple overlapping tagged locations; the smaller, more narrow location will always take priority

The app update (4.3.8) yesterday shows energy usage over time, but what are the green lines below 0 — is that regenerative braking?
Sorry, didn't get a notification for your post for some reason. Yes! That's regen from braking or going downhill. :D

I noticed that your website truncates the right side of the list of driving events. Could it be because I have my windows scaling set to 125%? (Note that I'm not talking about the browser Zoom setting.)
Looks like it. Added improved scaling support. Give it a refresh and see if it's fixed!

Reactions: insaneoctane
Wish list = opening the glove box with Tessie Control. Please.
If we're making a wish list, I'd gladly make an in app purchase of a widget that lets me toggle between driving modes (standard, chill, etc.).
For sure, these would be awesome. Not allowed by the Tesla firmware yet! Will add these as soon as it becomes possible.

Does the Tessie app replace using the actual Tesla app on our mobile phones or do we use it conjunction with it? And if it does replace, do we still need to keep the Tesla app running in the background? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Thanks!
It's designed to be used in conjunction with it. It replaces it for a lot of people, but it's not actually meant to. You'll always want the Tesla app for roadside service, service requests, phone key (in the background, as you mention), and other odds and ends that you may need.

@James@Tessie
Been using Tessie for a few months, love all the data it provides. One thing I noticed is that Tessie tends to report higher usage on drives than what my car says. For example I drove about 130km today and my car reported a 186 wh/km and Tessie reported that as 195 wh/km. Tessie appears to be reporting about 5% higher consistently. Is there a reason for this that I am unaware of, or is it possible to adjust the wh/km to reflect exactly what the car shows?